Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
dodgerz;9024 said:
May be it's simple usb hub with integrated usb-ethernet adapter? U can create it
See thread http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin/tear-apart/211-usb-connection-without-opening-case.html and add usb-ethernet adapter if u need
)))
I was going to reply to this thread long time ago but server was displaying that busy message...Well, it could be an ethernet USB adapter there too... however WM8505 has built in ethernet so I thought that dock could have ethernet pins directly from the board. The USB hub is a must as it doesnt have any other known available USB ports, right?

·
Registered
105 Posts
i removed the connector and am rewiring it now
.. but there are still no hub electronics.. just a few surface mount resistors and capacitors and leads to the ethernet/usb jacks

·
Registered
105 Posts
i am rather certain that the usb and ethernet are on the tablet this is made for and not on the little device i received today.. they just break it out onto the board.. i could be wrong, i guess.. but i don't see any chips or anything on the board.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ethernet & USB host are both supported on the WM8505 itself, so you probably won't see dedicated chips for either. There would probably only need to be a level converter or something for the differential ethernet signal (maybe not even that, I don't know.)It is possible that not all the tablet boards break those signals out all the way to the 30-pin dock connector though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I removed the connector. the board and connector are still usable.. but I think the female end in my tablet may be busted. I might could solder wires directly between the tablet and adapter if I knew what was what.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.