Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all,first: I do not want to start a complain post about MP4Nation.I just want to get information about your experience and I would like to hear what you know about the shipping delays.I ordered an APAD more than two weeks ago. I got a very swift response saying that the APAD has been shipped.Still the tracking number doesn't work and no APAD arrived. - I know I am not alone with this issue.My Questions:1. At another post I found a link to a MP4Nation forum thread explaining the shipping delays for the APAD. (http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18860)Can I expect now to get a V3 APAD?2. If there are delays in shipping - why do I get a mail stating that the APAD has been shipped? I would accept delivery delays - if at the same time I wouldn't have paid already. But this looks like cheating to me.Did I get something wrong here?3. I paid using paypal.Has someone of you ever tried to get back his money in case the ordered article doesn't arrive? - Did it work?At which point should I try to get my money back by contacting Paypal? - MP4Nation is not very responsive regarding the ticket I opened.Regards,Robert

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the same situation as you. See previous post closed.Ordered and paid for the 11 / 8, with Paypal and express Shipping with EMS.19/8 i recived tracking the EMS urgent ...Tracking does not appear on the website of hongkong post.It has been sent?? No one knows answer this question, because Admin of Site open ticket does not answer. There is only feedback the forum users of this website...I only hope that the ADM tell me if you have sent or not.If not, I will like you and reclaim a Paypal and will cancel payment my credit card.Good luck.

G

·
Okay,one more time to all of you who just dont think your getting your v.3 (yes its gonna be a v.3,metal back,9v charger,red led)from mp4nation.net.Why your on here for this is beyond me,as the forum at mp4nation has several threads on the subject,very helpful members/mods/admin,and and all the answers to your questions regarding your recent order for the APAD's.See here:MP4 Nation Forums • View topic - aPad Android Tablet Now in 16GB and 8GB, 2GB - Now Metal V3 and here:MP4 Nation Forums • View forum - Rockchip RK2808 Based Android Device Talk for the most up to date info on what has happened with orders for the APAD v.3 on mp4nation.net. The owner has been very open and honest about what has happened with this latest batch he received, going so far as to offer a full refund to those that dont want to wait for their order anymore(simply refuse delivery,and it will be refunded in full upon return),or if you can stand to wait just a bit more,all orders include a nice gift to thank you for your patience....I have NEVER seen a business do this before for its customers,especially China based ones.There is an open,honest discussion going on about this right now,go there to get your questions answered,no ones gonna help you here,as they have nothing to do with it.Have a nice day

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Nicely put dragon, I have heard nothing but good things about how MP4nation conducts business. When there is a delay they let their customers know which is more then I am say for most Chinese sellers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
dragon2knight are you a Admin of mp4nation??...If you aren't the administrator of that site, as you know what happened to my order which is as sent from the 18/09 with tracking, and not on the web of HonKong post????Your news and I have seen in the post mp4nation, but what we all want is that we answer Site Admin open ticket and give us an explanation to people as we place our order and sent ..This really sent or has stood up to address the problems that have been said?If they have stopped shipments, because we have a tracking number???All this I have to answer the Admin, the site ... that is who he has done and who was asked to pay.

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
To all the members waiting on a tablet from Mp4nation . We welcome all post but as Roger stated we cannot resolve any of the issues here . It would be of more benefit to post where Raz may see it. I will leave this thread open as long as it remains civil,but I would advise again to post on the Mp4nation boardBe wellMp4

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My reason for posting here was not to get information about my order staus but to get in contact with people which are in the same situation. I also posted in the MP4Nation forum and meanwhile got a somewhat good response.But posting in a neutral forum is something different.Nevertheless, if the V3 arrives I think everyone is satisfied. Especially if an extra gift will be contained in the shipment. I wonder what it will be.In the end nobody is angry about the delivery delay itself.What makes "us" angry is that we have been put under the impression that our order has been shipped. But obviously this isn't the case. This feels like being cheated.A simple information about "stock is empty, you will get a V3 later, check this forum post" would have been more than enough to keep most people satisfied.At least the situating is clear to me now. Regarding MP4Nation Thursday the backlog should be compensated. So I expect a new tracking number this week. -- We will see.I would appreciate if people who now get their shipment sent out could post here. So we are able to follow the progress on this topic.Regards,Robert

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Out of pure interest here, they list 2gb and 16gb versions is this just a base 2gb tablet with an added SD card or is the 16gb internal ?Its confusing as the spec details state you have 1gb for system and 15gb for user on both versions but an extra SD card would give 16Gb user space.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Robvoi, I'm in the same position as you. I ordered on 6th August and was emailed on 9th to say my item had been shipped. The tracking number has never worked an my ticket has been ignored until today when I got this...Hello,The tracking number will go live tomorrow or - at the very latest - the day after. Packages usually take 7 working days to get to the destination, but quicker times are not uncommon.If that wait is too long, we will assist you in any refund activity you'd like to pursue.Once again, apologies for this mix-up. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.**Please note this ticket will be marked Closed, but replying to the ticket will reopen it.**Like you, I would have preferred them to let us know that there was a delay and we then could have decided whether or not to go ahead with the order. I don't understand why they emailed saying the item had been shipped two and a half weeks before it actually was. I specifically wanted this for my holiday at the beginning of September and it is now unlikely to arrive before I go. I'm sure it will be great when it does arrive but I could have had one delivered from a UK supplier three weeks ago if I'd known there would be this delay.I will let you know when the tracking number works and when I actually get my apad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,that it good news - if we see it becoming true.I got the following response to my ticket:"Your order was already dispatched, sometimes HKP takes longer to update their website, we will start an inquiry, this normally helps resolve any issue on their side. Your apad will most likely be a V3. Sorry for any inconvenience caused in the matter."This was yesterday morning - the ticket number still doesn't work.Let's wait and hope. As soon as the first positive post here comes up - APAD arrive, or at least the tracking number works - I will start to believe what's stated in the tickets.Robert

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi,still no working tracking number and no APAD.Friday I got: "Tracking should work on Monday". Today (Monday) I got: "It should work today but tomorrow at the latest".Did tracking start to work for on of you?Regards,Robert

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Robert,To be honest I'd given up checking as I had told mp4nation I would start a paypal dispute if it wasn't showing as shipped by Tuesday BUT, following your post, I have just checked and got this...The item ... will leave Hong Kong for its destination on 30-Aug-2010. What a surprise, it looks like it is finally on its way. I ordered on 6th Aug and was told on 9th that it had shipped...I wonder what it has been up to in the meantime. Now I have a dilemma...I had been planning (and trying via the market on here but with no success so far) to get a a second hand one to take on my holidays (10 Sept) but I guess this MAY arrive in time, but it MAY NOT...Oh well, at least I know it is really coming. Good Luck with yours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi shp,good to hear that you get your APAD. I hope it arrives in time for your vacation.Today I finally gave up hoping. I wil wait till tomorrow evening as they stated in the ticket. Tomowwor I'll then contact paypal.Unfortunetly I will still need to wait weeks till I get the money from Paypal. At least that's what I expect.Till then I can't order somewhere else as I don't want to end up with two APADs.Well, it's a lesson for life. My first time ordering from China. Maybe the last time too.So long.Robert

·
Dragon Lady
6,471 Posts
Speaking as my experience at mp4nation as I'm a mod now. I have over 15 orders from mp4nation last two years, Raz has never failed on me once. Yes, some time orders get slow to ship out due to stock availability, also, most people has no patience to wait, no offense here, just from what i read on board. all i can say is, just be patient, Raz will sort out your order, he's trying his best.Here is some tips for what you should expect for you order. again, speaking as my experience.once you placed your order, your order will be stated as processing. normally you need to expecting to receive the shipping confirmation by email from Raz about 3-5 working days. don't check the tracking info on HKPO at least 7 days, including weekend, you should see your tracking info updated on the HKPO. if you live in USA, expecting 14 days to arrive to your door from the date it left HK to it's destination. If it's a pre-order, check on the mp4nation forum often, you should find some useful info and update easier. hope this helps.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've ordered from many china based shops and have never had such an amateur dealing as I've had with mp4nation. I placed a small order with them, I do this more as a test to see if I could safely order higher ticket items. My order took a slew of back and forths and a month to finally get to my door. When it did arrive 2 items were missing. I re-open the same ticket and was told that they would have to check with hkp on the weight of the package. Pretty much insinuating I may be trying to get over on them for a couple of items that would cost no more than $30 if bought from their store (definitely not cost). The 2 items were supposed to be free gifts with purchase of 2 other items so to me they were just a bonus. It seems that they are hit and miss and I certainly will never order from them again and wouldn't recommend them to [email protected] - I waited patiently for 2 weeks before opening a ticket on items that were "always" in stock. I gave them ample opportunity to make things right and what happens but they screw up again on the same order and then add insult to injury. I've also noticed that mp4nation forums like to close posts that are not favorable to their business. You being a mod there could you shed some light as to why gripe posts are closed and deferred to the ticket system, even gripes about the ticket system or lack of response to said tickets?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi,to finish my story:After being told for three weeks that the APAD has been shipped but never having any prove -as the tracking number didn't work - I claimed my money back with PayPal.One day later I have it back. No complain from MP4Nation.So very obviously I have been lied at every time I have been told that the APAD has already been shipped out.Maybe it is only a cultural thing. But I simply don't want to be told anything else than the truth. Lying at me, for whatever reason does not make me a happy customer.Too bad. But at least I didn't lose my money.So long.Robert

·
Registered
31 Posts
Glad to hear your good news Robert, to be honest I wish I'd gone down the paypal route. It is now 4 weeks since I ordered my apad, although it IS now tracking it is unlikely to arrive before the holiday I wanted it for and when it does come it won't have the firmware pre-installed which was the original reason I ordered it from mp4nation. I guess I've learnt my lesson.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.