Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me the shell command to remount / (root) as rewritable?I have su and busybox installed, I just cant seem to get the correct syntax.I am trying to push a modified init.rc to /init.rcerror: Read-Only file system

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Figured it out
adb shell#mount -o remount,rw / /I was able to push the update file and it worked.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well almost, it seem that the rootfs gets restored on each boot, I suppose it will meed to be fixed within the images

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can I build an image of ramdisk.img? using mkfs.yaffs and plug it into a firmware flash? or are they the encrypted or otherwise special.img format?will messing up the ramdisk.img affect ability to flashfirmware?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
[quote name='nchntrman;40615]can I build an image of ramdisk.img? using mkfs.yaffs and plug it into a firmware flash? or are they the encrypted or otherwise special.img format?will messing up the ramdisk.img affect ability to flashfirmware?[/QUOTE]What the....I wrote a whole reply and it disappeared :(Strip 64 bytes off the top of ramdisk.img (that's the header)' date=' gunzip it and and cpio to extract. Modify whatever you need, then reverse (don't worry about the header).push the new file over. "flash_image ramdisk my_new_ramdisk.img"Here's a reference for most of the stuff besides the header:[URL=http://discuz-android.blogspot.com/2008/01/step-by-step-to-createmodify-ramdiskimg.html']Let's talk about Google Android: Step by step to create/modify ramdisk.img[/URL]

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It didnt disappear, you followed my momentary stoopidity, I cross posted in my other thread.. fixing now. My Bad :

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.