Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm bored. I'm waiting to get the instructions to root my nook, so I've been wandering around SlateDroid. I decided to start a running thread of suggestions about reorganizing the forums.Under Other devices you have a forum for Android Laptop and Generic Devices->x86 netbook tablet. Aren't those 2 forums pretty close to being the same thing?Would it be possible to make the subforum icons less overwhelming? Right now the green button things draw the eye more than the parent forum names. That's not ideal.

G

·
I agree that a bottom-up redesign of the forums is probably needed, it's not uncommon to see some wayward threads. "Random" posts are also quite frequent, where users post an OT comment in a thread.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
We're working on it. My paying job and girlfriend impose on my ability to maximize your enjoyment here. I recommend you find one or the other of those two to occupy yourself...:p

G

·
I have both thanks :pAn open wiki on organization suggestions, or even public suggestions in this thread on idea would be good!

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
A wiki has been made , cant remeber where we put it and we are looking in to a custom Vbullentin forum look ,but alas those things are not free (well the wiki was)

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
[quote name='supersauce;13502]I have both thanks :pAn open wiki on organization suggestions' date=' or even public suggestions in this thread on idea would be good![/QUOTE'] I have already set up a wiki, but I cannot for the love of god figure out how to organize it sensibly (I have no prior experience with MediaWiki other than research on Wikipedia like the next guy). So yeah, we'll open that one up soon, have no fear.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote name='Mike;13524]I have already set up a wiki' date=' but I cannot for the love of god figure out how to organize it sensibly (I have no prior experience with MediaWiki other than research on Wikipedia like the next guy). So yeah, we'll open that one up soon, have no fear.[/QUOTE'] You might want to look at the MobileRead Wiki. It covers e-readers, not tablets, but it should give you some ideas.http://wiki.mobileread.com/

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
Thanks for the link, it looks to have a good layout. I'll see if we can't emulate something similar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts