Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the PDN native Photo App under 07_24 FW? I think it is broken. It launches OK but locks up in scanning the SD card. I tried another Photo App and it finds the photos fine on the SD.The bad thing is that the native PDN photo App is the default association for JPG photos. So other apps (like File browser) that links to file types no longer works. Can anyone help me in changing the default file association links?I am also looking for a good photo slideshow app as replacement. I found one called slideshow but the picture quality is not very good.Thank you.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
To reply to your second question, I've used a vanilla 2.0 OS Camera.apk (which adds Gallery) and it works pretty well. The only thing I don't like is that you can't make the slideslow longer than 4 seconds, and that I can't see to stop it from going to sleep if I wanted to use the PDN as a picture frame.If you need the apk, I can upload it somewhere.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to the feedback, I have localized the problem. It was indeed incompatible files that caused the lock-up. The bad .pgn files were created by the browser Xscope which keeps its history as .pgn files.If you do use Xscope (a very fast Webkit browser), do force it to clear the history on exit. Since the PDN photo app. scans the SD card, it can lock up due to this.BTW, I did find a copy of Camera.apk but could not get it to run on the PDN.

·
Registered
366 Posts
[quote name='roebeet;27203]To reply to your second question' date=' I've used a vanilla 2.0 OS Camera.apk (which adds Gallery) and it works pretty well. The only thing I don't like is that you can't make the slideslow longer than 4 seconds, and that I can't see to stop it from going to sleep if I wanted to use the PDN as a picture frame.If you need the apk, I can upload it somewhere.[/QUOTE']Give DeskClock.apk a try (I think it's also in the Android Experience package). There is a "slideshow" button on the clock display. Doesn't look like you can change the settings, but it works nicely!-MattPS Just remembered: it's interesting to note that the slideshow in Camera.apk seems to maintain photo order, while DeskClock.apk shuffles photos. I can't figure out how to modify the options for either. I should also note that DeskClock.apk doesn't sleep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.