Android Tablets Forum banner

Momo11 Bird wifi range fix

31K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  dannymur 
#1 ·
For any one else who has a problem with their momo11 bird wifi range try opening the tablet and have a look where the antenna is.

Carefully unstick the antenna from the back of the screen and move it as close as possible to the edge of the tablet, away from both screen and battery.
I have gone from having a 3-4m range to being able to get decent/stable wifi coverage all over my house.

See less See more
#3 ·
Opening the bird was pretty easy, after taking out the 2 screws on the side with all the ports, I used a couple of flat jewellery screwdrivers. There are small holes every 3cm in the edge of the backing. Lever 1 of these, slightly lift the black edge and the next one pops open. Be careful of the short speaker wires.
I was more worried about the flimsy plastic antenna thats stuck pretty hard to the back of the screen. I was able to lift it from the material on the edge of the screen, then luckily, was able to pull it off the back of the screen without it breaking.
It was well worth the effort, I can now use the Tablet anywhere in my house rather than just the room with the router.

Good luck

#6 ·
hi, here in spanish forum Forotablets, you can see another mod for wifi range..

Momo wifi isn't the best, but with this mod, I tried last week, and works very well for me.

*ttp://www.forotablets.com/showthread.php/6834-Tutorial-Mod-Wifi-para-Momo-11-Bird

I pass from 2 bars to 4 bars, and I can connect from a acceptable distance between walls.

Take care openning the momo, there are litlle points to open well, and next there are little cable for speakers in back aluminium case, care with breack the cables.

and you can see that wifi is clued between battery, take a guitar plastic, pacience and and move the wifi, from the part where no 'circuit pcb' is visible.

#9 ·
Thanks for this fix and photo. The photo's on the Spanish link are great. I've managed to complete the alteration and now have 5 bars near the router and at least 2 throughout the house! This changes the Momo11 from a decent bit of kit with a bit of a flaw, to a fantastic bit of kit with little to fault it. If only this was shipped as a European package with the Rom setup for European/US markets it would be perfect.

#12 ·
As zjed said, there are '2 screws on the side with all the ports'. They are tiny screws and you'll need a small screwdriver to unscrew them, but if you look closely they definitely should be there.

They are also indicated in the first photo on the Spanish forum HERE

#16 ·
I gave this a go but couldn't get the back off, I was worried it was going to break. My Wifi is really unstable in the same room as the router. I get 2 bars, and its always dropping and failing to reconnect.

I can't seem to pop the back off like on the Spanish forum. The screws come out nice and easily, but I can't get the rim off. Any advice?

Dooza

#17 ·
It's not as easy as it looks on the spanish forum Dooza but at the same time the back of the momo is pretty strong you just need to be carefull of the speaker cables when u get it open! If you have a precision screwdriver set use a really flat head to pry open the case and move around the edge slowly you will get it open!

#18 ·
I find the best small screwdrivers are sold here in the UK as 'watchmakers' screwdrivers. There's usually two or three cross head and three straight edge drivers in a box. They are quite inexpensive.

I also found that for removing the case on laptops and tablets (also an Acer Revo) that a small plastic knife works a treat. These are the types you get with picnic sets and also with airline food.

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wifi problem of [Link Removed] has been solved. No need to worry it now. Pls click [Link Removed] to get a momo11 bird with good wifi.
What de phuck you talking about.....junhui6????

So your "solution" is for those who bought faulty Momo11 bird.......buy a new one from True & Resolute???????

My fingers and nerves know the solution!!!!!!!!! and it is painful!!!!!!

So you just go away and shill somewhere else without insulting our intelligence!!!!!

OK???

#25 ·
I thought of doing the same to mine. I opened it up and had a look at how the existing antenna was mounted under the battery, and didn't want to muck anything up. So I just hooked up another wire to the existing antenna wire, piggy backed it to another spot in the tablet case and used aluminium foil to make other antenna spots making sure the foil was not touching any other wire or metal.

after mounting the foil and taping it to the case so it didn't move..

#26 ·
That's clever my friend......the hassle I had getting the antenna out from under the battery!!!

Did you use coaxial cable to extend the antenna, just can't make it out??

I don't think it would matter, coz the signal would be degraded by where the antenna is placed, so would the fact that it is still under the battery matter?

I see you have full 4 bars, is it consistant everywhere in your building, taking distance to your router into account?

Good work!!!!

Any easier way to get the back off??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.