Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide instructions on how to modify the status bar on a ROM? I could be off base but my guess is that its in the framework-res.apk. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Can anyone provide instructions on how to modify the status bar on a ROM? I could be off base but my guess is that its in the framework-res.apk. Any help would be appreciated.
How far do you want to go, and which ROM are you working on? If its something I have laying around, I can build the framework file for you and post it up for you as a flashable zip.

sent from my Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How far do you want to go, and which ROM are you working on? If its something I have laying around, I can build the framework file for you and post it up for you as a flashable zip.

I am working on Clems Beast ROM, seems to be the snappiest ROM yet. I want to add the BC softbuttons to the status bar. I would also like to explore moving the bar to the bottom, like some of the GB proms, but that is really secondary.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I am working on Clems Beast ROM, seems to be the snappiest ROM yet. I want to add the BC softbuttons to the status bar. I would also like to explore moving the bar to the bottom, like some of the GB proms, but that is really secondary.
As far as adding the buttons, I'm your Guy, but I don't know how to make bar appear on the bottom.

*edit* I'm working the framework-res file now.,. I need to know if the ROM is using the TnT as the main screen or if the main sceen is more like the BC screen (basic Froyo look). If memory serves, it has the basic TnT look (UI) with the speed we come to expect from Clemsyn.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as adding the buttons, I'm your Guy, but I don't know how to make bar appear on the bottom.

*edit* I'm working the framework-res file now.,. I need to know if the ROM is using the TnT as the main screen or if the main sceen is more like the BC screen (basic Froyo look). If memory serves, it has the basic TnT look (UI) with the speed we come to expect from Clemsyn.

His beast rom is based on Adam actually. Looks more like bc.

·
Registered
362 Posts
His beast rom is based on Adam actually. Looks more like bc.
Yea, duh, I forgot. I'm working on it... may take me a bit. I flashed the ROM and I'm looking it over. I had to delete a few things and move some stuff around. It's been a while since I used this ROM. I backed up BC, and flashed his in. I forgot how fast this ROM was/is.... I should have something for you soon. I will keep you updated. I'm going to drop the framework in the UOT kitchen and see what I can come up with. In the meantime, I will tweak the framework files I have.

·
Registered
362 Posts
markmac, Attached is the UOTkitchen file I had built for the Beast ROM. It's pretty sweet, but not quite Brilliant Corners. HoneyComb influence infused. Flash as a ROM through CWM. I am also including the boot animation from the C+C v8 ROM... I love the HC boot animation.... The boot animation needs to be dropped in the /system/media/ folder. It should show the HC animation as it boots into the ROM (last animation). I used it on BC also. I may even drop my customized (HC style) launcher from BC as well, but it is a little difficult to install. You have to use Root Explorer to install it and set permissions with Root Explorer and then boot to CWM and run "Fix Permissions". Its a pain, but it looks pretty good.

View attachment ClemsynBeastUOT.zip

View attachment bootanimation.zip

Screenshot Font Technology Electric blue Darkness
current desktop with UOT flashed and my revamped BC launcher...

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would like the soft buttons on staus bar as well. This beast combo rom is the best i used so far on the gtab, and the only thing that i miss are the buttons on the status bar.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I would like the soft buttons on staus bar as well. This beast combo rom is the best i used so far on the gtab, and the only thing that i miss are the buttons on the status bar.
I'm working on a way to install the framework-res file from BC into the beast ROM.

·
FW Developer
511 Posts
SOOOOO over the Honeycomb / Xoom boot anim that I could scream!!!!!!!
I still dont see whats wrong with the good old android stock boot anim.

·
Registered
362 Posts
SOOOOO over the Honeycomb / Xoom boot anim that I could scream!!!!!!!
I still dont see whats wrong with the good old android stock boot anim.
C'mon pix, I really like that boot animation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Gtab with the Jellybean install, however with all the freezing and SOD's I am not happy with the ROM. So far I have read nothing but positive reviews on the Beast ROM. I wonder if the ROM is over clocked at 1.5 how much shorter does it shorten the lifespan of my tablet if at all?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts