Android Tablets Forum banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts
blazingwolf;24589 said:
The volume hack reinstall is not unusual. It is noted in the first post that it must be done. :)Not sure about the calibration tool as I have not tried to use mine. Let me test it on my Novel.Edit: Just checked and calibration works just fine for me.
Oh, I checked the instructions on the first post of this thread and did not see that, thanks.

[quote name='Juffin;24681]Here it is. I see that this (or similar) content of the log was already discussed' date=' but without mentioning of the symptoms stated by cckrobinson."Starting recovery on Wed Jul 28 21:21:08 2010framebuffer: fd 4 (800 x 600)I:........Magic Point:2,50------------------:update_package:SDCARD:Finding update package...I:Update location: SDCARD:I:temp:K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410P.zipOpening update package...I:Update file path: /sdcard/I:1 key(s) loaded from /res/keysVerifying update package...minzip: mmap(32768, R, FILE|SHARED, 15, 0) failed: No such deviceminzip: Map of '/sdcard/' failedE:Can't open /sdcard/(bad)Installation aborted."I have not had problems with SD card before.[/QUOTE'] I had this same problem (same recover.log), reformating the SD Card fixed it.

Applied modified file by Blazingwolf last night, worked as indicated on his post. Problems noted same as others. 1. Switched to PD home screen, was not responding, recalibrated touch screen, worked great, looked at BN and tries to install then says can't access BN server. Also told me not connected. Looked at the connect screen, shows wi-fi on, not connected on top position on screen, below shows my wi-fi connection: connected. could this be the conflict in not loading BN Store. Although I don't care about the BN not working, I like things to work even if I am not going to use them. I will assume Blazingwolf will modify next firmware change when PD tech releases. Tks Mr. Wolf for the easy firmware.

[quote name='clockworx;24397]How did you install it? Others have reported back that it did not remove it' date=' and it really shouldn't as the entire point of this is to not touch the data partition, which is where the androidId is stored.[/QUOTE'] Sorry for the delayed response.I installed it using the same procedure from SD card and holding the VOl+ button and powering on. See the progress bar and installed fine. Then reboot and checked the androidId using the adb command but it went back to '0'.Also I don't know (maybe it is just me) with the modified firmware the PDN seems to be little slow , response wise.So I went ahead and installed the factory firmware from PDN site and then did the google experience, root access , setCPU and apps install again. For installing all my apps I just wrote a simple "bat" file, so that I don't have to do manually one by one.

Discussion starter · #85 ·
[quote name='RONO;24996]Applied modified file by Blazingwolf last night' date=' worked as indicated on his post. Problems noted same as others. 1. Switched to PD home screen, was not responding, recalibrated touch screen, worked great, looked at BN and tries to install then says can't access BN server. Also told me not connected. Looked at the connect screen, shows wi-fi on, not connected on top position on screen, below shows my wi-fi connection: connected. could this be the conflict in not loading BN Store. Although I don't care about the BN not working, I like things to work even if I am not going to use them. I will assume Blazingwolf will modify next firmware change when PD tech releases. Tks Mr. Wolf for the easy firmware.[/QUOTE'] I plan on doing this. Glad it is working for you.

I was looking around the file structure of the firmware release and noticed a few other things that could be done when removing the userdata.img. Inside the firmware zip fiule there is a directory path "META-INF/com/google/android' insside this directory there is a file "updater-script" This is a FUSE script used by the updater to flash the disk.imgs. You can remove item #8 ui_print("8. fuse userdata.img");package_extract_file("userdata.img", "/tmp/userdata.img");run_program("/tmp/fuse", "userdata", "/tmp/userdata.img");delete("/tmp/userdata.img");I would also update the zip_check.md5 file to reflect the changes in the file/file structure.

[quote name='nchntrman;25555]I was looking around the file structure of the firmware release and noticed a few other things that could be done when removing the userdata.img. Inside the firmware zip fiule there is a directory path "META-INF/com/google/android' insside this directory there is a file "updater-script" This is a FUSE script used by the updater to flash the disk.imgs. You can remove item #8 ui_print("8. fuse userdata.img");package_extract_file("userdata.img"' date=' "/tmp/userdata.img");run_program("/tmp/fuse", "userdata", "/tmp/userdata.img");delete("/tmp/userdata.img");I would also update the zip_check.md5 file to reflect the changes in the file/file structure.[/QUOTE']http://www.slatedroid.com/showthrea...-update-firmware?p=23928&viewfull=1#post23928You don't say.....

Sorry I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere else, and figured it was important information.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.