Android Tablets Forum banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
[quote name='cpg716;24521]Hey guys.. Just so you know.. Even on old Firmware if you selected Samsung Moment on the SetCPU it always gave 800Mhz as an option' date=' but never ran higher then 533Mhz.CPG[/QUOTE'] That was because the Moment can run at 800Mhz. Until this update though the Novel could not. Now with the new kernel we can.

Discussion starter · #62 ·
[quote name='cpg716;24521]Hey guys.. Just so you know.. Even on old Firmware if you selected Samsung Moment on the SetCPU it always gave 800Mhz as an option' date=' but never ran higher then 533Mhz.CPG[/QUOTE'] That was because the Moment can run at 800Mhz. Until this update though the Novel could not. Now with the new kernel we can.

I knew this was a good device. All along I said the firmware was the problem and it looks like they are fixing things quickly. Congrats to the people who took a chance and got one of these early like I did.

Can anybody assist I cannot seem to get the PDN to recognize the updated zip file on the sdcard I keep getting an error or it just bypasses the card in boot. The recovery.log looks like this:update_package:SDCARD:Finding update package...I:Update location: SDCARD:I:temp:_ENG_6410POP_altered.zipOpening update package...I:Update file path: /sdcard/I:1 key(s) loaded from /res/keysVerifying update package...minzip: mmap(16384, R, FILE|SHARED, 15, 0) failed: No such deviceminzip: Map of '/sdcard/' failedE:Can't open /sdcard/(bad)Installation aborted.after error icon show===============promt_and_wait========================Fixing execute permissions for /cacheThanks.

a lot of people were not getting a complete download of the firmware. you may want to try to redownload it.

[quote name='coloreddust;24574]Strange' date=' I had to reinstall the volume hack. And I cannot use the calibration tool, it just stops responding and I cannot use any touch commands.[/QUOTE'] The volume hack reinstall is not unusual. It is noted in the first post that it must be done. :)Not sure about the calibration tool as I have not tried to use mine. Let me test it on my Novel.Edit: Just checked and calibration works just fine for me.

Discussion starter · #72 ·
[quote name='rspray;24583]Wow. As I sit here posting with a responsive keyboard while streaming Pandora on my 800 mhz Novel' date=' it finally hitme how far this device has come in a short time.[/QUOTE'] Nice isn't it?

How do I access the calibration util via PandaHome/native-Android UI/settings? I've noticed since the firmware update that the touchscreen's waaaaay off (very noticeable with the keyboard). The last time I tried to fix calibration was via PD's own home, and I had to go back and reset it before I got control of the PDN again under PandaHome (it was wigging out like someone was swooshing around swiping and tapping, over and over and over again, even after reboots).It may be that I just need to give it another reboot and it will snap out of it. I recall that being the case one of the very first times I used it right out of the box.

For the record, my freshly purchased BBB Novel wouldn't take the modded firmware from SD, just got the angry Android icon even with several cards and reset tricks.Since I hadn't customized anything yet I grabbed the official 7-24 release from PD and it loaded fine using the exact same SD cards.Posted for reference.

[quote name='xelachen;24618]How do I access the calibration util via PandaHome/native-Android UI/settings? I've noticed since the firmware update that the touchscreen's waaaaay off (very noticeable with the keyboard). The last time I tried to fix calibration was via PD's own home' date=' and I had to go back and reset it before I got control of the PDN again under PandaHome (it was wigging out like someone was swooshing around swiping and tapping, over and over and over again, even after reboots).It may be that I just need to give it another reboot and it will snap out of it. I recall that being the case one of the very first times I used it right out of the box.[/QUOTE'] Open "PDNSettings and then on the top bar you will see the calibrate option.I'll suggest calibrate the screen using a pencil or pen (instead of finger).

cckrobinson;24160 said:
I wasn't able to load the modified 7-24 firmware this morning. I'm trying to upgrade via the SD card. When I boot using pressing power+vol Up sequence I see the android progress bar for 1 second than then it transitions to a screen that has the green android guy with a triangle above his head with an exclamation point inside. When this happens I'm stuck and my only option is to hit the reset button. If I don't try to upgrade the firmware then the novel boots normally. I tried downloading the modified firmware multiple times but the upgrade always gets stuck. I'm going to try loading the stock 7-24 firmware to see if that works. I'm also going to try the pandigital PC app to load the firmware. Has anyone else seen this problem on the novel?
Absolutely the same problem here with the modded firmware. I have purchased my PDN from BBB. Somebody above (Loterbol) reports a similar issue with PDN from BBB. Is your PDN from BBB, cckrobinson?

clockworx;24676 said:
Can you guys post the relevant portion from your recovery.log (check for the line that says something like "recovery started" along with a date and time stamp)
Here it is. I see that this (or similar) content of the log was already discussed, but without mentioning of the symptoms stated by cckrobinson."Starting recovery on Wed Jul 28 21:21:08 2010framebuffer: fd 4 (800 x 600)I:........Magic Point:2,50------------------:update_package:SDCARD:Finding update package...I:Update location: SDCARD:I:temp:K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410P.zipOpening update package...I:Update file path: /sdcard/I:1 key(s) loaded from /res/keysVerifying update package...minzip: mmap(32768, R, FILE|SHARED, 15, 0) failed: No such deviceminzip: Map of '/sdcard/' failedE:Can't open /sdcard/(bad)Installation aborted."I have not had problems with SD card before.

enjoys1;24664 said:
Open "PDNSettings and then on the top bar you will see the calibrate option.I'll suggest calibrate the screen using a pencil or pen (instead of finger).
Thank you, but as I stated, I'm looking for a method that wasn't the one that's part of PDN's native Home, as it burned me previously (used my WinMo phone stylus, even, very carefully). I figure I'm just not seeing it in the normal Android options when using PandaHome.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.