Android Tablets Forum banner

Modified 7-24 update firmware

15K views 87 replies 28 participants last post by  nchntrman 
Woo,that's how we roll :DDoing "rm -r /data/dalvik-cache" right before or after the upgrade is probably a good idea and should fix those force closes. (I forget if it is /data/data/dalvik-cache, or /data/dalvik-cache, whichever one actually exists)

jackbox;24121 said:
WARNING: This version did not work. I just got a warning screen with the Android guy. I guess I will have to use the stock one and reinstall everything.
That usually means it couldn't find the file in the first place. I doubt it is an issue with the file itself since others have used it successfully.I've had the same issue with stock firmware. However Pandigital initializes the SD cards seems pretty broken and half the time it can't find the card (and, by extension, the firmware file on the card)

jackbox;24131 said:
It found the SD card because it wrote the log file to the SD card.
So what does the log file say? Also, it never deletes the log file, so it could be from an older flash if you didn't go in and verify that it is actually from the recovery run.

Could you go into a bit more detail about the screen responsiveness? I returned mine yesterday because Kohl's told me my rebate was invalid (that I bought the wrong item and it was my fault). I figured I would either get the Augen (which is looking worse now), or go back and get the PDN at BBB where they hopefully won't screw me over.Figures PD would come out with an awesome new firmware the day after I return mine

[quote name='blazingwolf;24184]I used the same procedure with the button hack installed. Put the modified firmware on the SDcard' date=' power on and volume up (menu if you have the button hack installed) until you see the loading screen. Firmware installed as normal.Not sure why you are having issues with SDcards. I have tried two of them now and both worked perfectly. One was a 2GB class 2 Sandisk and the other is an 8GB class 4 Kingston.[/QUOTE'] I actually have had issues with it before with stock firmware. (And believe me, I freaked out because I was doing dangerous stuff and couldn't get it to fully boot to Android). It didn't work for me until I opened it and removed the internal SD, and then it worked fine.I haven't had to do anything that drastic since. I think something is a bit off in which the SD card hardware doesn't fully mount on reset all the time. I've always had it work perfectly when I actually shut down via the power key, but when you get into a boot loop you can't do that. The second thing that I've had work successfully is holding down power and volume up, while pressing the reset button, and keeping them held until recovery starts. I don't know why this works better, but I haven't had to yank the internal card since.

[quote name='enjoys1;24393]clockworx' date=' I checked after installing this firmware and it DID remove the androidId and set it back to '0'.[/QUOTE'] How did you install it? Others have reported back that it did not remove it, and it really shouldn't as the entire point of this is to not touch the data partition, which is where the androidId is stored.

[quote name='nchntrman;25555]I was looking around the file structure of the firmware release and noticed a few other things that could be done when removing the userdata.img. Inside the firmware zip fiule there is a directory path "META-INF/com/google/android' insside this directory there is a file "updater-script" This is a FUSE script used by the updater to flash the disk.imgs. You can remove item #8 ui_print("8. fuse userdata.img");package_extract_file("userdata.img"' date=' "/tmp/userdata.img");run_program("/tmp/fuse", "userdata", "/tmp/userdata.img");delete("/tmp/userdata.img");I would also update the zip_check.md5 file to reflect the changes in the file/file structure.[/QUOTE']http://www.slatedroid.com/showthrea...-update-firmware?p=23928&viewfull=1#post23928You don't say.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.