Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the device in the other day. I tried to play a 720p MKV file. The video played great, but there was no sound. Is there any way to fix this? Also, is there a way to attach a USB thumb drive to this device? I tried, but I couldnt get usb drive to mount and view files.

Thank you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
for the MKV audio problem it's because aPad haven't the ac3 codec itself (mostly used codec for MKV)
I've tried some players with integrated ac3 codec but were horrible!

By now i'm simply converting (only!!) the audio track of my MKV's to an mp3 audio track. Video runs smoothly and audio is great. It takes not more than 15 minutes

About external USB device I think that is not possible, but better to wait for someone with more experiences

Hoping to have helped you a little ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Since we're on the topic of mkv's, my 720p videos are slowed down, as if the proc doesn't have the juice to play it properly.

What video players are you guys using? Are there any settings changes that need to be done to play 720p properly?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Rats! I was hoping RockPlayer, yxPlayer or vPlayer would work.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The best option currently seems to be QQPlayer for me. The latest release now has english menus (as a visit to settings is needed).

I really like the setting where you can choose which decoder to use. The QQPlayer decoder can play 720p with audio, but a/v sync issues occur and the player compensates by dropping frames.

You guys may want to check out the "when play ability is insufficient" portion of the settings as well.

If you want your 720p mkv to run really smooth but no audio, you can always choose Froyo's built-in decoder from one of dropdowns at the settings screen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts