Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I find the minimum brightness level still to be too bright when trying to read in a dark environment. I've tried looking for minimal brightness hack to lower the brightness below the android limit but I've only found a solution for Droid phone which didn't for on the A81E. Does anybody know of a solution to lower the brightness below the Android limit on the A81E?Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish I could use Aldiko for reading PDF files but it only works for ebooks. I've bought a Lonely Planet book which uses the protected PDF format and I can only use pdf readers to read it which means I cannot toggle to night mode because I didnt find any pdf reader which is able to do that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
dimako83;48405 said:
I wish I could use Aldiko for reading PDF files but it only works for ebooks. I've bought a Lonely Planet book which uses the protected PDF format and I can only use pdf readers to read it which means I cannot toggle to night mode because I didnt find any pdf reader which is able to do that.
Ah yes you need to use Calibre on your PC top convert them to epub format.... I have been doing it for days now.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Godsbrother;48438 said:
Ah yes you need to use Calibre on your PC top convert them to epub format.... I have been doing it for days now.....
Well there are 2 problems with using Calibre. First, Sometimes it just doesnt convert correctly (Like when I've used it for converting a Lonely Planet book with some which was written in the sides of the pages). Second, When using protected pdf (pdf with DRM) Calibre cannot convert that pdf file.

·
Registered
235 Posts
dimako83;48351 said:
Does anybody know of a solution to lower the brightness below the Android limit on the A81E?
Only thing I have found is that in the Settings/Display if you slide to the midway point it goes really dark and then gets brighter as you go up from there. It is almost like there are two sliders glued together close to the middle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.