Android Tablets Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello, I'd like to add a suggestion. Maybe it's these old eyes, but I'd like to suggest a different, darker font color against the white background; the grassy green color of the hotlinks gets washed away against the white. Perhaps a really dark green in a larger font would help.

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oooh this is a thread from a long time ago, but I shall adhere to your every wish ma'am ;) Could I ask you to remind me again tomorrow, it's 1AM for me and I've got work tomorrow so I should be getting some kip now. But I'll do it ASAP tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Hey, when I click the "what's new" link, it only give the 1st 20 items, and doesn't give me a link to page forward to the next 20 (and the next 20 (and the next 20))...

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lawman;23696]Hey said:
It's not meant to have multiple pages, it increases processor load.
links for slatedroid.com won't workshelloall links to old site slatedroid.com won't works.. all discussion of vbullettin of the old site isn't readable..greath job!bye
That is a result of MySQL migration, and to be perfectly honest, it's not really that hard to read.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
classicalguy;23707 said:
You need a "next page" button on the "new posts" screen. Can't get to the second (or later) page of posts.
Dude didn't even read two posts above himself...would still be a nice thing to have though...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yeah I know DP, but I have a bug report:Choosing "Edit Post" and editing a message in situ as it were, then pressing the "Save" button, it NEVER ends up saving the edits. The "Busy"/"working" indicator on the save button just goes on indefinitely.Pressing "Go advanced" allows a message to be saved properly after editing.

·
Registered
383 Posts
[quote name='cutterjohn;25544]Yeah I know DP' date=' but I have a bug [URL=report:Choosing]report:Choosing[/URL] "Edit Post" and editing a message in situ as it were, then pressing the "Save" button, it NEVER ends up saving the edits. The "Busy"/"working" indicator on the save button just goes on indefinitely.Pressing "Go advanced" allows a message to be saved properly after editing.[/QUOTE'] I'd second this as a biggie... adding multiple posts when edit doesn't work just causes confusion... I tripped over this a couple times last nite... THANX for the Workaround!

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.[bonghit]What were we talking about?

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
[quote name='Mike;23699]It's not meant to have multiple pages' date=' it increases processor load. [/QUOTE'] If you can't look through the search results for earlier posts it makes it very difficult to find what you're looking for. That increases the risk for double postings, which also increases processor load. :cool:Is your server that slow/over loaded?I am also very much in favor of an option with multiple pages for the search results. I'm a newbie and I'm looking for a lot of info but it's hard to find since only the first 20 search hits are displayed even though there might be 100 hits.

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[quote name='Labovski;29083]If you can't look through the search results for earlier posts it makes it very difficult to find what you're looking for. That increases the risk for double postings' date=' which also increases processor load. :cool:Is your server that slow/over loaded?I am also very much in favor of an option with multiple pages for the search results. I'm a newbie and I'm looking for a lot of info but it's hard to find since only the first 20 search hits are displayed even though there might be 100 hits.[/QUOTE'] Nope, it's relatively high-spec. In fact with over 300 people browsing CPU load was under 5%. I was just apprehensive as we had only just started it running. Getting round to fixing this as well as search results.

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OPs not being able to change titles is a permission issue, I am working on that one right now. About the editing, you have to click "Go Advanced" - same with friends requests (go to the person and click Add as Friend rather than Accept Request). We'll be raising tickets with vB over this one because I've noticed it on a number of other forums too.

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Right, it was to do with there being an option which prevents the changing of titles after a certain time limit (default was 5 for some reason x( )Changed it to unlimited.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.