Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
This thread is for the discussion of Known Issues for the MID V7.
Link: Merimobiles.com - MID V7
- Other Names: EKEN M009S, ViaPad 7, MID 7
[hr]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Flash Player Full will only work on ARMv7 CPUs, which means you will need a Cortex.
The Flash Player you see for these devices are actually Flash Lite (that come with HTC Sense), which is why you will notice worse performance. It is also why you will not find 10.2 or 10.3 for these devices.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Im a noobie who has bought a tabtech m009s.
Its running vestinious straight out of the box. Im pleased with the tablet but when I choose settings and then about device its comes up with a force close error setting any ideas why? Also when i tried to root the tablet the same thing happened I wondered if it was connected.
Lastly it seems a bit picky about which video files it will play,it plays the video fine but some dont have any sound?

All help greatly received

Thanks mark

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Im a noobie who has bought a tabtech m009s.
Its running vestinious straight out of the box. Im pleased with the tablet but when I choose settings and then about device its comes up with a force close error setting any ideas why? Also when i tried to root the tablet the same thing happened I wondered if it was connected.
Lastly it seems a bit picky about which video files it will play,it plays the video fine but some dont have any sound?

All help greatly received

Thanks mark
There was a known issue with his ROMs and the about force close issue.
I think it has been fixed now in the later ROMs... it might have been due to removing the provision.apk and phone.apk.

I have noticed the same issue with some video and sounds, hopefully it is just a missing codec or finding the right player issue.

Tasselhof

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there! I have a problem: i have tried to install the HYBRiD WM8659 HoneyCombMOD by HcH mod, but after installing, it stopped at the boot screen. After a reboot, it does nothing. Can anyone help?

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello there! I have a problem: i have tried to install the HYBRiD WM8659 HoneyCombMOD by HcH mod, but after installing, it stopped at the boot screen. After a reboot, it does nothing. Can anyone help?
Did you use the changer.bat file to set it for the right device?

Tasselhof

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

I have a really big problem with my tab (WonderMedia WM8650, Android 2.2). It arrived a few days ago and I had no problems so far. Today the battery was empty and it shut down. Then I charged it and now it cannot boot. It stucks at the start screen with the android. It does not start. I tried to reset it many times, but there is still the same problem. Please help me!

Thanks,
Niko

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question: I have a brand new Android Tablet that will not boot beyond the Android splash screen. It appears to be a MID WM8650 or T703 model (of course there is no definitive documentation), possibly associated with MID-China or Prote. Any suggestions on how to get this working without having to send it back to China? It was a gift and I would probably have to send it back to the giver to get it sent back with proper documentation.

Splash screen indicates it is Android OS 2.2 Kernel 2.6.32 Build Number v1.2.0

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question: I have a brand new Android Tablet that will not boot beyond the Android splash screen. It appears to be a MID WM8650 or T703 model (of course there is no definitive documentation), possibly associated with MID-China or Prote. Any suggestions on how to get this working without having to send it back to China? It was a gift and I would probably have to send it back to the giver to get it sent back with proper documentation.

Splash screen indicates it is Android OS 2.2 Kernel 2.6.32 Build Number v1.2.0
Grab one of the roms... in particular the Singularity one by Roger.
Extract the contents to a MicroSD card and put it in your tablet.
Boot up and it should right the ROM.

After it is complete remove the SD and try to boot the device.
Give it a couple minutes to boot.

If that fails try the Hybrid ROM... you can use the changer.bat to try to find the appropriate device.

Tasselhof

·
Registered
18 Posts
Grab one of the roms... in particular the Singularity one by Roger.
Extract the contents to a MicroSD card and put it in your tablet.
Boot up and it should right the ROM.

After it is complete remove the SD and try to boot the device.
Give it a couple minutes to boot.

Tasselhof
Hi,

Very confusing...
I have been reading here and seen some Youtube videos abt. ROM upgrades.
Now I am going to order a MID V7 from Merimobiles but how can I be sure of the type (differenf LEDs)?
And still unclear is the Merimobiles MID V7 = M009S or M003 or what.
On Merimobiles web page I cannot find any link to ROM upgrade.

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi,

Very confusing...
Now I am going to order a MID V7 from Merimobiles but how can I be sure of the type (differenf LEDs)?
I can verify that the MID V7 I recieved from Merimobiles.com has a Blue LED and works with Rogers Singularity & Vestinious ROMs... It also worked with the Hybrid ROM selection option 2 (M009s) in the changer.bat.

Tasselhof

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can verify that the MID V7 I recieved from Merimobiles.com has a Blue LED and works with Rogers Singularity & Vestinious ROMs... It also worked with the Hybrid ROM selection option 2 (M009s) in the changer.bat.

Tasselhof
Thanks for the info. It cleared much.

Still one more general question: Before any firmware updating, what is the best way to save the original (stock) ROM if you for some reason would like to return to it. Are there somewhere instructions how to backup and restore original ROM in situation where the new ROM is not working OK.

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the info. It cleared much.

Still one more general question: Before any firmware updating, what is the best way to save the original (stock) ROM if you for some reason would like to return to it. Are there somewhere instructions how to backup and restore original ROM in situation where the new ROM is not working OK.
Unfortunately with ROMs I am not aware of any full backup options.
My best suggestion would be to root it and use Titanium Backup to make a backup of everything it can.

Tasselhof

·
Registered
49 Posts

Tasselhof
Hey Tasselhof,

The MID V7 i got from Merimobiles has the Green LED (no vibrate)..

Which ROMs (& option #) do you recommend ?

..I really like the device and your videos are totally awesome, thanks for all the great info.

Craig

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

I hope someone can help! please.

Having just taken delivery of a tabtech M009S (Android 2.2). First I had trouble with WI-FI (this seems to be a common problem, once I had sorted that problem out (Now have reasonable signal), I now find that when trying to access the internet(google) all I can get is page unavailable no matter how much I try, what do I need to do to get access to the internet? I would be grateful for any advice.

many thanks
Oneleg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi,

Very confusing...
IT WORKS !!

I have the very cool Merimobiles.com MID V7 (Green LED - No Vibrate) and the "Uberoid v5 ROM" (option#7) is working perfectly !!

http://techknow.freeforums.org/uberoid-wm8650-1-3-0-hybrid-honeycombmod-v5-t650.html

My Green-LED (No Vibe) required Option #7 in the Changer.Bat file..

For only $89 (free shipping), this has been lots of fun and a really great deal.

Craig

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.