Android Tablets Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm thinking of buying a cheap mid tablet, but not sure which is the best to get in regards of being able to put on a custom rom. I've got a bit of experience installing custom roms on Android phones and the Advent Vega.

When you run the changer bat and select the tablet how do you know which one to select?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have one MID7 with Green LED. I have followed the firmware flashing video, but my device doesn't try to install from the SD card at all during the boot up. Looks like I need to set something for it to read from SD, and flash new image. Could somebody help me? I tried both Uberoid and slatedroid singularity M009.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My question is how would this help a newbie? What would be the best firm were or custom were to down load for a MID 7" Touch Sceen Tablet /M002 and what is the difference between the 2 or is there no difference at all. Also keep up the good work

·
Registered
8 Posts
...but where to get the firmware .
Hi, @saib!
Search on Google or other search engine for "Uberoid" or "techknow.t0xic - forum". You'll find many tips and help about WM or VIA 8650 (I think is the same) tablets and ROMs. Uberoid 10.1 saved my tablet from return or trash basket
Now I'm using a "Universal Uberoid WM8650 1.5.7 v12.1 27-SEP-2012" based on Android 2.2 firmware. Also there is a Windows CE FW for these tablets - " UberCE7 for WM8650 v1" from June 2013 (I used the Beta WinCE, it was "buggy", the newer must be better but I like more Android because is easier to operate).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one MID7 with Green LED. I have followed the firmware flashing video, but my device doesn't try to install from the SD card at all during the boot up. Looks like I need to set something for it to read from SD, and flash new image. Could somebody help me? I tried both Uberoid and slatedroid singularity M009.
same problem with my old mid 7 cpu 8505: boot loader probably scrapped.
any idea where is located this bootstrap and what is data ?

somit

I have one MID7 with Green LED wm8505 cpu. I have followed the firmware flashing video, but my device doesn't try to install from the SD card at all during the boot up (black screen and green led stays on, i must disconnect battery to get led off). I probably need to set something inside ROM to read from SD, then flash new image. Could somebody help me? I tried Uberoid, slatedroid, modroid: result is black screen.

somit

81 - 92 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.