Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
My MID 7 just arrived from Merimobiles -- the GREEN LED, no Vibrate flavor. The ONLY Rom I have had success with is Singularity, v5. It would seems that the touch screen varies from single to multiple touch . . . since I have the former, I am limited to one working Rom. Here's is what I've tried:

Hybrid
Modroid
Uber

[all strictly following installation, change.bat, modding instructions provided).

I suppose since I have two unique factors . . . GREEN LED and no Vibrate . . . the options are limited. Just thought I would add my experiences thus far.

Joe
You could possibly get it working by copying out the env_boot file from the Singularity ROM that worked and put it in whatever other ROM you want to try.
Check here: Slatedroid.com - Forum Article

Tasselhof

·
Registered
96 Posts
Oddly enought, the "stock" env_boot file designed for the BLUE LED version tab worked on my GREEN LED -- beautifully, I might add! Go figure! I know I'm not color blind, but this gives me doubt! ha. Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
10 Posts
anyone can help?
my MID was failed to boot, it stuck until MID LOGO show up and then the tablet is off.
I've tried flash with ROM from here, but it cant automatically update?
please help me!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everybody! I'm new to slatedroid recently received a tablet wm8650
with ebay and I need help. when you turn on without having connected the charger it does not boot after loading and no charger is working properly. Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't play videos on mid70 epad 2.1 will this help me upgrade to 3.0 so i can watch videos and play games. I'm computer illiterate so i need SIMPLE step by step instructions.
you are not actually upgrading to the real honeycomb 3.0 with uberoid, all the ROM's available are basically stripped down/tuned up versions of what the factory released.

what you are doing is installing a modified 2.2 froyo with the honeycomb theme installed. i actually deleted all the other stuff like some of the junk app's but for a regular user you can just leave those on installed.

i myself have (2) merimobiles MID v7's no vibrate, no multitouch with green LED. With uberoid installed and i modified it by just deleting a bunch of app's and changing settings. i turned off animations and other things so the device will use less battery. more graphic intense.....the more battery you use. this device isnt good for much other than watching youtube video's surfing the internet and some basic games like angry birds and robo defense! i wish they could have installed a better camera.

after i downloaded uberoid's honeycome ROM, i used WinZip to open the file. extracted all the file to a blank mini SD card, clicked on Changer and it pops up a screen, i pushed the 2 button. Press enter, it will then tell you to press any key to close. Then press any key when you see that in the black and green window. Then put the mini sd card in your Mid v7 and turn it on. The install will do its own thing without you. It will tell you to remove the SD card and then when it finally loads after about 5 minutes of booting the first time, check the little box for default and click on ADW Launcher.

btw....drag the big analog clock in the center to the trash can, it seems to drag down the machine on boot up and to me its just pointless with having a digital clock on the status bar unless you like all that pretty stuff.

louie

P.S. Keep in mind, when you click on the changer file before loading the ROM on the MID, you will need to select the device that is best to your device. My device uses option 2. your's may use something different. If it doesnt work the first time or takes longer than 10 minutes to boot to the actual homescreen, it isnt working and then repeat the process by putting your SD card back into your computer and clicking on changer and selecting another option that suits your device until you get it right. I went thru option 1 and option 8 and then finally got it right on option 2. just be patient and you will be fine. dont rush it or you will get frustrated. and remember.....if it doesnt work the first time.....try again

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

Sorry for my English.

I have a problem, please help?

Searching the internet I downloaded a firmware for my MID 70003.

It is now practically dead.

I tried to download some firmware from the forum, but after 5 minutes it stops and does not go ahead

·
Registered
17 Posts
I downloaded the Slatedroid Singularity Mid 816 zip file but have been unable to get it to update on my device. This may be a blessing indicating that I don't know what I'm doing.
Hi JoeMango
I am new to this too, but if I am understanding things right you have to be real sure of the models. Although they may be called say "mid v7" not all the roms will work because of these tablets being coppied. I got mine from China and it is most likely a copy of the real Mid v7.
It probably won't update because the chipset does not recognize the boot file to start the update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here we go again! LOL Semi Newb here, Just got my Zeepad 7.1 (cheapest I could find for my 11 year old)which of course runs the awful Wondermedia bla blah.
Android 2.2
WM 8650
Kernel 2.6.32.9-default
Build generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver 1.5.5-20110920.043830
Green LED

First, Thank you Mr. Tassellhof for EVERYTHING.
Been doing alot of research into modding this tablet correctly.
My own android assitants with the stock platform (System Panel,Removed all icons from home screen, shut down all stupid extras, etc..)run smooth (112 M Free)..for this Penny Arcade Claw Grabing Prize of a tablet!

Angry Birds, no backround, runs goood and Youtube is somewhat fair to good as well.
Cant run PowerAmp
, No proper Market or apps to add.(Adao File manager,Dolphin HD,JhJeong's Battery info Widget(Best)and some others)

???

Dialer Present, so can I voice maybe even video call with the right app or mod?
and if i do mod...
what build should i use for my tablet? instrustions please if needed. Thank you Thank you

41 - 60 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.