Features:
Multitasking
Email
Mic jack
User replaceable battery
Speakers
100+ Pre Installed EBooks
Open Content Portal

When it says "mic jack" does that mean its possible to use a headset like these: headset with the tablet? Also the jack for our headphones is 3.5mm right? Thanks!

Also, what is an "Open Content Portal"?

Kaleidoscope

·
Registered
245 Posts
I noticed on the specs here:

Features:
Multitasking
Email
Mic jack
User replaceable battery
Speakers
100+ Pre Installed EBooks
Open Content Portal

When it says "mic jack" does that mean its possible to use a headset like these: headset with the tablet? Also the jack for our headphones is 3.5mm right? Thanks!

And where did you get this?

"100+ Pre Installed EBooks" ????????

Also, what is an "Open Content Portal"?

Kaleidoscope

·
Registered
245 Posts
NewEgg

Heres the link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16858274004 click on details.

I also was wondering if you took a blue tooth usb adapter put it in a usb to mini usb, could you use blue tooth accessories?
First of all it is a Cruze Reader 101, no pre-installed books since it is using a Kobo reader that is taged to Border and you have to download them from Borders!
After looking for "mic in" no luck it looks like new egg is taking some liberties in writing.

I did find one very interesting thing in looking at the Pictures at the newegg site, in one the Cruz was in a very interesting "Docking" station that was showing what looked like speakers much larger then the included stand I wonder if that one is availabel from VC.

Nada to the bluetooth will not work.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I just noticed to speaker dock also. I bought myself a pair of speakers for my tablet. That way I can enjoy some music out in my shop while I'm working. Of course, these are much larger than those on the docking station. http://www.staples.com/Altec-VS2620-Two-Piece-Speaker-System/product_819930?cmArea=SEARCH I got them for $15..
The one that is pictured is interesting since it looks like it may have not just audio but a plug for power as well.
Have to do some more net diging to see if they ever sold this version.
The stock stand has only a space for the power, one can always use a dremel amd chase out the plastic for a 90Deg speaker plug.

·
Registered
158 Posts
well , i'll give you my opinion , of little value.

I have a love-hate relationship with my cruz reader.
What i love about it:
I absolutely love it's shape and size. the 7" 4:3 aspect screen is the perfect size , for me.
The shape feels and looks good .
The all black color rocks.
The flat flush tablet face is great.

What I hate about it:
I Hate the fact it is so slow.
It is running android 2.0, a version that Android developers and SDK completely dropped support for. (even says so somewhere on the Developer site)
In fact i had to search very hard and long to find the 2.0 platform for the android emulator.
Because of it's android version many apps will just not run or install on it, even though the hardware may be capable of running the app.

So ,, with that in mind ,,, if you just love how it looks, then get it! If you're looking for a great media tablet ,, then skip it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts