Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you donate to me to encourage me to keep up the good work?
Yes of course. You deserve it!24100.00%
No!My name is Ebenezer Scrooge! You'll never have my money *grovel grovel*00.00%
Would you donate to get CWM-flashable version of this rom?
Yes!646.15%
Nah, I can use RKBatchTool753.85%

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
NEW INFORMATION: Guys, I'm planning to implement some sort of donator's section. Slatedroid said that I can offer donators small perks as long as the Roms are identical. Donators will gain access to my CWM-Flashable versions of my MetaRom Series. Non-donators will not be disadvantaged in any way as they still get to use my MetaRom Series which is identical. Both the CWM version and RKBatchtool versions of my MetaRoms are identical. Only difference is the method of deployment. Donator's status will be awarded to users whom have donated an amount that is not too shabby but doesn't have to be too grand. Donators will gain access to my current form of CWM-zips for MetaRoms indefinitely. Once again Donation is entirely optional, both donators and non-donators will end up with identical copies of my MetaRoms.

The process of becoming a validated donator is as follows. Donate, PM me with email. I'll add you to a donator list and PM you with the download link. This download link is for you and you only. No sharing or creating mirrors would be allowed. In the event of a single breach, I will be terminating CWM-zips for MetaRoms. There will be a zero-tolerance policy.

If you have donated to me in the past, PM me with your paypal user and I'll communicate with you for further instructions

This is going to be the place where you can obtain a copy of my MetaRom series.

MetaRoms are meant to be lightweight, fast and functional. Anything fanciful that would contribute to bloat will not be added.

MetaRoms are also exclusive to the Pipo M8Pro. I personally maintain this rom for this device and this device only. This means there will be dedicated support for this device using this rom.

As for the inclusion of CWM, V0001 will not have CWM, future updates will likely have CWM included once I determine that there are significant improvements in having CWM included. Backup&Restore while nifty really isn't significant enough. There are NO real CWM-flashable roms at the moment, all I have seen so far is that CWM is only used for backup and restore and for the use of pseudo-cwm roms which are far from ideal. Until such a time when I can feasible implement CWM-roms, .img roms will be used

Note: MetaRoms have been tested to work and has been hosed down with bug spray. It still may have bugs though. please check post 2 to see if the bug has been listed before posting. Also, please be aware that I don't give a rat's behind about antutu or other benchmark scores. My emphasis is on real life performance rather than benchmarks. If you wish to ask about antutu or others, please create a separate thread.

CWM versus RKBatchTool
  1. While RK3188 chips are generally "unbrickable" it's usually a hassle to "unbrick" your tablet
  2. When using RKBatchTool, if you accidentally unplug the tablet mid-flash or if there's a power outage, you most likely will brick your tablet
  3. CWM is a much much much safer way of flashing new rom, it's 99.99% un-interrupt-able.
  4. RKBatchTool is a hassle, drivers issue and what nots
  5. RKBatchTool ERASES all information on your tablet due to the method of flashing
  6. CWM does not do so.
  7. It is possible to flash my new CWM roms directly without using a PC (download and flash directly using tablet)
  8. If something goes wrong, flash my CWM rom again
  9. Updates using my CWM roms will preserve all existing data on your tablet.
  10. Simply put, CWM is the epitome for android flashing

Features
  • Root disabled by default. (Can be enabled via "Root Enabler download link below")
  • Debloated of all unnecessary apps
  • Zipaligned to optimise ram usage
  • Build.prop mod to Samsung Galaxy S3 for greater PlayStore compatibility (pretty much complete playstore)
  • Disabled pipo bootanimation for faster boot up
  • Removed annoying "Pipo License"
  • Streamlined the initial boot, no more unnecessary wait time at 1st boot
  • Buttery smooth scrolling
  • % Battery Icon in status bar
  • Fine tuned Volume control
  • Tweak minimum auto brightness level
  • Extreme battery life. Idle drain is now capped at about 1% per hour

Tools

Rom Downloads

Instructions on how to flash using CWM (only valid for donators, read instructions for RKBatchTool if you're not a donator)
  1. Make sure you have CWM
  2. If you don't download my CWM tool and flash recovery
  3. Copy CWM rom zip file to SD card
  4. Reboot to recovery (If you don't know how, use adb reboot recovery command)
  5. Swipe up and down to navigate CWM menu
  6. Swipe to the left to select option in CWM Menu
  7. You may choose to wipe or not
  8. Select install from SD Card
  9. Select CWM rom zip file
  10. Wait
  11. Wait
  12. Reboot
  13. All done!

Instructions on how to flash using RKBatchTool
  1. WARNING: Flashing this repack will wipe your device including the internal SD card (aka Internal Storage), Strongly recommended that you remove external SD card
  2. Download my RkBatchTool v1.6
  3. Connect Pipo M8pro to PC (if PC does not detect download and install drivers from the tools section of this post)
  4. Select the repack image in RkBatchTool
  5. Press Switch
  6. Wait till the pink box turns green
  7. Press upgrade
  8. Wait till its done
  9. First boot might take a little longer than expected
  10. Once booted, the Pipo M8pro will lag for a while as it is still initializing
  11. Done!
  12. If you require root, run EnableRoot.bat from the MetaRomRootEnabler after you have flashed the rom. (If your computer can't detect, download ADB drivers)
  13. If you require CWM run MetaRom CWM Tool
  14. Most important final step... Donate me a couple of beers

Changelog

MetaRom Series V0004
  • Based on newer SDK2.0, Multitasking switch works fine now
  • Multiuser added

MetaRom Series V0003
  • Official SDK2.0! Yay! Out of beta!
  • Multi-window support! Awesome multitasking now!
  • First ever true CWM-Flashable RK3188 rom for donators for now
  • Pre-rooted! Be careful! With great power comes great risks! Unroot Tool included as option!
  • Coming soon!

MetaRom Series V0002
  • Based on SDK2.0 released on 27th June
  • SDK 2.0 fixes include 60fps UI and better battery life
  • Fixed Location Bug
  • Smooth buttery scrolling tweaks
  • Added Battery Usage Icon
  • Increase number of volume steps to 30 (greater volume control)
  • Tweaked AutoBrightness levels (now in dim conditions, screen is at minimum brightness)
  • some extra stuff that I can't recall now
  • Reapplied previous MetaRom Enhancements

MetaRom Series V0001b
  • Fixed wifi connection issue

MetaRom Series V0001
  • First Release
  • Started addition of init.d
  • Started zipapligning for optimized ram usage
  • Started debloating rom
  • Reverted to default android boot animation for faster boot-up
  • Removed Pipo License thing
  • Streamlined initial boot

CWM FAQ
  • Swipe up and down to navigate menu
  • Swipe to the left to select

The HOLY CRAP I BROKE SOMETHING manual
  • Broke you device? Can't figure out how to enter flash mode to be used with RKBatchtool? Read on
  • Press reset button located near camera flash/LED
  • Plug in usb cable
  • Hold ESC button then press power button for about 5s
  • Flash with RKBatchTool

Donators VIP wall of fame
  • Yanbee! (CWM-VIP-Club)
  • Notcosi! (CWM-VIP-Club)

Footnote
Any issues with my roms please post in this tread and I will do my best to help. However, anything benchmark related will not be entertained.

If you like what I've done consider donating a beer! It'll encourage me to keep up my good work!
Link's in my Signature

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for your work. I've given it a go but I have a problem connecting to my Wifi router with your rom, it is failing the "obtaining IP address". I'll try it on another router later and see how that goes.

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for your work. I've given it a go but I have a problem connecting to my Wifi router with your rom, it is failing the "obtaining IP address". I'll try it on another router later and see how that goes.
I'm using a personal variant of MetaRom V0001 and it's fine.

I'll try it again and see if this problem exists. I've pulled the download link meanwhile

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
MetaRom V0001b is almost done.... I spent the entire day testing and and adding new stuff.

Fixed some things

·
Registered
36 Posts
Please add information about stock rom version used for repack and kind of louncher
one of the most annoying thing is a very high level of minimal backlight in 4.22
It will be great if you can find a solution other than using Screen filter or Night Mode etc

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please add information about stock rom version used for repack and kind of louncher
one of the most annoying thing is a very high level of minimal backlight in 4.22
It will be great if you can find a solution other than using Screen filter or Night Mode etc
Was the minimum brightness level lower prior to 4.2.2?

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
Yes, but not enough for comfortable lowlight usage.
Was the light sensor working for you at all?

As for the brightness level, afaik, it is kernel side. We would require a custom kernel to really adjust it.

I could replace the rom with the older kernel but I believe the previous bugs might resurface.

My suggestion, give https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.pruss.superdim&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsIm1vYmkucHJ1c3Muc3VwZXJkaW0iXQ.. a try

UPDATES: I believe I found a way to lower minimum brightness. It will be implemented in v0002.

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
V0002 will not be pushed out until pipo releases a firmware based on RK3188 SDk2.0

Look here for the full list of improvements in SDK2.0

I might be providing an addon pack for some feature upgrades for V0001

UPDATES: Added new poll with regards to alternate rom installation methods.

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
I have a bit of a break before my next exams.

Instead of chilling out with a beer, I'm working on MetaRom V0002.

Certainly hope you guys would appreciate this.

MetaRom V0002 is based on SDK2.0

Preliminary battery drain while idle seems improved.

UPDATES: Updated main post with changelog

·
Registered
108 Posts
Will V002 come with CWM ? Or, you could do as with RileyROM - make CWM or stock recovery, an option. Just replace the recovery.img file (Release your ROM with both recoverys included).

I'm wondering if the google maps / wifi-based location issue is related to lack of possibility to clear cache partition & dalvik cache after flash. If CWM was included, this could easily be confirmed/debunked.

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
Will V002 come with CWM ? Or, you could do as with RileyROM - make CWM or stock recovery, an option. Just replace the recovery.img file (Release your ROM with both recoverys included).

I'm wondering if the google maps / wifi-based location issue is related to lack of possibility to clear cache partition & dalvik cache after flash. If CWM was included, this could easily be confirmed/debunked.
Nope. I have fixed the Location Issue. It has nothing to do with cache and dalvik.

I will never include CWM by default into my roms as it is redundant at this point of time. But I will be including a CWM flash tool for those who want to flash CWM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I want to enable root using ADB (from the Root Enabler package) but when I enable USB debugging, a GT-i9300 device shows up and no drivers are found. The drivers included in the OP does not work when installed with the i9300 device. Is there another set of drivers I have to use to get ADB working?

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
I want to enable root using ADB (from the Root Enabler package) but when I enable USB debugging, a GT-i9300 device shows up and no drivers are found. The drivers included in the OP does not work when installed with the i9300 device. Is there another set of drivers I have to use to get ADB working?
Try opening a cmd windows in the MetaRom Root Tools folder and type adb devices.

What do you see.

Also, try this see if it works https://plus.google.com/u/0/103583939320326217147/posts/BQ5iYJEaaEH

Unfortunately I am not able to give you a clear answer as it works fine for me. I've never had any issues with ADB

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try opening a cmd windows in the MetaRom Root Tools folder and type adb devices.

What do you see.

Also, try this see if it works https://plus.google.com/u/0/103583939320326217147/posts/BQ5iYJEaaEH

Unfortunately I am not able to give you a clear answer as it works fine for me. I've never had any issues with ADB
OK, so I installed Koushik's universal ADB driver, and it works, but the driver must be manually selected. For future reference the correct driver (under ClockWorkMod) is "Samsung Android Interface".

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
OK, so I installed Koushik's universal ADB driver, and it works, but the driver must be manually selected. For future reference the correct driver (under ClockWorkMod) is "Samsung Android Interface".
Nice, glad to know. I will be incorporating this into my main post soon.

And that makes sense since I had a Samsung Galaxy S2

1 - 20 of 158 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.