Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was updating to the 7/24 altered firmware. I put the file on the sd card. I held the power and up button and the PDN now displays a triangle with a ! in it with the little android fellow under it. I cannot power it off or use the reset switch. What can I do at this point????Teutonic

·
Registered
142 Posts
teutonic;42170 said:
I was updating to the 7/24 altered firmware. I put the file on the sd card. I held the power and up button and the PDN now displays a triangle with a ! in it with the little android fellow under it. I cannot power it off or use the reset switch. What can I do at this point????Teutonic
try pulling the battery harness. Then make sure you have the whole firmware file on your SD card and try it again.

·
Registered
338 Posts
been there, seen that. Even broke that flimsy reset button: it now clicks as usual, but nothing happens. However, this toy seems to be quite solid if frozen by unsuccessful flashing. Disconnect-reconnect the battery, and you're back to square one. My sad experiences stem from the fact that several 1+ Gig SD cards don't format by FAT32 reliable enough, especially in the device itself. So, almost every boot starts with "Damaged SD card message". Resettling the same card solves the problem, and everything can be read off that "damaged" card, including smooth 703 MB rip of a movie (where my OCed 1 GHz! Where's Froyo AND 1 GHz? so far x480 avi shows just a tidbit less than satisfactory 20-22 fps.... with jerks).Naturally, resettling the card during flashing process won't make the trick, as our flasher is too dumb to reread.This forum has tentatively shown that with such irregularity, better chances to start flashing normally is hold both buttons for 14+ seconds, instead of 5 sec indicated in the official PD manual

·
Registered
27 Posts
My experience was also that an older/smaller/slower sd card was preferable to a newer/bigger/faster one for flashing. 256 mb card was much more reliable than my 4 gb one. Though maybe this was brand, speed, formatting or something else.And trying to pull the battery plug out of the socket really sucked since it was in there firmly. I thought I was going to damage something.

·
Registered
338 Posts
That's why I beg our Gurus to disassemble stock 7-18 .exe -style ROM and start assembling it back with their modded FWs inside. Certainly, should be much less torture, a bigger user base, and much more bug fixing. Otherwise, I'm sitting on 08-06 with _manual_ Market/GE and all other hacks and thinking mostly about system fonts and their hinting, instead of helping our hackers. Flashing "in-device" utility -- as with phones -- should also be researched, found and tweaked to be usable in PDN, so next firmwares could be downloaded, checked and flashed over WiFi. SD flashing with such a flimsy SD support should be regarded as a last resort: ADB framework, WiFi not worky after some stunt with pre-pre-alpha FW, so only in this case -- welcome to finally breaking your back covers and battery connectors.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i was able to use a paperclip and hit reset, agreed its off center, but its in there. put the 8_6 firmware.zip from pd site, on the smallest SD you have formatted fat32, pop that it, plug your PDN into the charger, hold + and flip on the power switch, i hold the + until the boot screen comes up (like 2 seconds or so). let it sit and do its thing. i do all my flashinh with a 512mb card, works everytime, my 8gig wont flash but will work, i just have to reinsert it after boot everytime.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
My reset button is also off-center and takes a bit of practice to find. My old PDN (yes, I replaced my original) actually had an issue where the reset button eventually disappeared altogether. I found out later that all the resets actually seemed to erode the reset corner that I was continuously hitting. Not the best setup.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the responses. It ran out of juice. I plugged in and the recharging light lit up. I turned it on and it is running normally now. I will try the small sd card. When I put the 4 gig card in originally it came up and I have been using it. When I pull it out and try and use my Card reader it can't read the card. If I put it in the PDN I can then use the usb cable and transfer stuff to it in the PDN. Does the PDN format the card some way???On an off note. I have found that the PDN will stop responding to touches every once and a while. If this happens I found that a quick flick of the power button twice will fix this. Teutonic

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
I've had the same issue with cards not responding unless their in the PDN and It's communicating with the computer via USB or over WiFi. It will read but not allow me to write on it unless it's in the PDN. It's a permissions thing, cranky Mac and incompetent user combination ... pretty sure my PDN's user is the cause of most of it's headaches. ;-)

·
Registered
13 Posts
1. Updated to 8.20 firmware with MarketPlace - ran fine for couple of days.2. Want to read some .txt and .htm(plain htm - no fancy) files.3. Downloaded AndroidXplorer from MarketPlace and navigated to thos files(on external SD card). Browser opens and tells me it can't read the files.4. Same case with Bluemoon File explorer.5. After couple of minutes, the unit went dead.6. Removed external SDcard, tried to power on - no success.7. Tried to recharge - no recharge light coming up. No power on even on the AC adapter.8. Tried reset button - not sure if it clicked, but there is no power still - Thinking of asking a replacement at Kohl's.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
did you try pulling the battery and reconnecting it?Sounds pretty bad, particularly if that doesn't work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
teutonic;42170 said:
I still haven't gotten the 7/24 Altered Firmware to work. I kept getting the same error. I ended up flashing Roebeet's Cruz UI

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
nismofun;64263 said:
I still haven't gotten the 7/24 Altered Firmware to work. I kept getting the same error. I ended up flashing Roebeet's Cruz UI
If you are referring to: Nchntrman's 7-24 fw is zipped inside another zip file. The zip inside must be placed on sd and then flashed.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
blazingwolf;64240 said:
Hmm. didn't I just give that advice? ;)
probably typing at the same time...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.