Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a successful, and useable, workaround to use the Android Market?I'm running ECOTOX_v1.3.1 (big thanks to Ecotox) and if I reset the App's data, resign in to the Market I can SOMETIMES quickly get an app or two before they fail (from the suggestion on the blog liked from (http://www.slatedroid.com/eken-m003-modding/3801-hardbook-ecover.html)). Don't know why it works, I think it might have something to do with the other apps that start upgrading automatically but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah ha, I'm in Parallels, think I might have it working. Will know in a couple hours. Got some other work to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HAHA, Woot, it works. Had to hit up the Dark Side (WinXP in ||) but it's working. This thing kinda kicks ass now. Thanks mjorte and Ecotox!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey, I just noticed tonight that Market is working on my Eken M003, with the official 1.7.4 firmware!I've never had success downloading from it without doing the trick where you select your apps, kill the downloads, clear the cache for the Android apps, and log back into email.As of tonight, 9-15-10, it looks like it is just plain working, without me going through that routine at all.Has Google done something new that lets it work this way?

·
Registered
119 Posts
@metermax: At least one other poster has said similar. Market just started working for her for whatever reason. Perhaps google has loosened their grip a bit? I don't really know, but if Market is spontaneously working for more people, that's a big plus.

·
Super Moderator
3,224 Posts
No problems with to run Google Market with Roger Calver's Mercury Firmware, works flawless and stable. All you need is a Gmail Account and you're done!

·
Registered
3 Posts
No problems with to run Google Market with Roger Calver's Mercury Firmware, works flawless and stable. All you need is a Gmail Account and you're done!
I've been struggling with how to get to the Android Market for the last 48 hours, but I will say that after reading everyone's successes with the Mercury firmware (thank you to our local developers) That will be my next step.

KJ Weir

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im using the ungoogle firmware and have no luck getting app planet to work.
Im debating getting mercury or ecotex again and trying it...

Sigh...if only my laptop wasn't broken

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been struggling with how to get to the Android Market for the last 48 hours, but I will say that after reading everyone's successes with the Mercury firmware (thank you to our local developers) That will be my next step.

KJ Weir
Mercury is hands down the best FW I've found for my m003.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts