Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just got this working via the RPM script its awesome finally being able to get to the market
as a bonus the realplayer version I downloaded from the market plays all my video files result!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can't wait until my zt-180 ships from China... The Chinese must have a different definition of "in stock" and "ready to ship" The market was the last hurdle to a great experience. I sure hope that they don`t send me a dud...Dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
maric;43020 said:
I just got this working via the RPM script its awesome finally being able to get to the market
as a bonus the realplayer version I downloaded from the market plays all my video files result!
Yeah, after alot of trying i finally got it working....the device is now pretty amazing i think!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sweet, got it working...thanks rpmccormick! I just went through a very similar process for my PDN (more details in that forum). The same tweaks weren't quite working on the ZT-180 and apparently he figured the rest out. The SIM toolkit appears the missing link allowing the OS to emulate accessing a real service provider like a phone.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wow! Great work RPM. Works for me and I never even ran market enabler! haha... Lets see if this stop some of the app crashing which this tablet has. Now, my only thing is the wifi heat and connect issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can't thank you enough for this fix! It's an entirely different tablet now. This is what it was meant to be. What a change in a couple of weeks from a not so great ROM to this. Thank you!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Pong;43407 said:
I can't thank you enough for this fix! It's an entirely different tablet now.
This is indeed a glorious thread that will end up in history books. But is anyone else having issues with stability in general? For example I had the tablet lock up on me several times already. At other times it performed a reset on its own.And then there's the WiFI issue where it won't connect to my WPA2-secured access point, unless I disable and reenable the Wifi first.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Drat, this didn't work for me. I obtained my androidId using the emulator.I ran the RPM Script I held down the black button and turned off my deviceI started it back up.I let it boot up and waited 60 seconds here and there.I entered the key again before making my google accountI get a screen that reads "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care."So I re-flashed and did the whole thing over again.Then I re-flashed and tried again, without re-entering my androidID and then again after re-entering my androidID.Every time I boot up I get "Sorry! Application SIM Toolkit (in process.com.android.phone) is not responding." I click wait every time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, it worked for me and in last couple of hours I downloaded and installed 20+ apps and games.Following sequence is important I think (after AndroidID is obtained and flushing is completed):1. RPM script Execution2. Reboot3. Wait 60 Sec4. Touch 4 Corners5. Setup Google Account (from SettingsAccounts) and WAIT for the sync to finish6. Reboot7. Update gls.db with AndroidID8. Reboot9. Run market enabler10. Reboot.11. Try Market.Personally I didn't try to access market before completing 1-10 and it worked for me straightway.Needless to say, wifi gotta be stably connected all the times and instructions in RPM Script bat need to be followed.Please check if you're following the sequence correctly. To me it seems that all those 'reboots' are important.P.S. I also got the 'SIM Toolkit Error' and it didn't cause any problem for market to work. In fact, I deleted stk.apk from /system/app via Root Explorer later and Market still working without any glitch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
[quote name='Christian Buchner;43462]This is indeed a glorious thread that will end up in history books. But is anyone else having issues with stability in general? For example I had the tablet lock up on me several times already. At other times it performed a reset on its own.And then there's the WiFI issue where it won't connect to my WPA2-secured access point' date=' unless I disable and reenable the Wifi first.[/QUOTE'] Exact same problems here to a tee as well as getting a latin keyboard error and "Sorry! Application SIM Toolkit (in process.com.android.phone) is not responding."

·
Registered
11 Posts
[quote name='Christian Buchner;43462]And then there's the WiFI issue where it won't connect to my WPA2-secured access point' date=' unless I disable and reenable the Wifi first.[/QUOTE']I noticed the wifi issue too. But after applying TXPower hack, it's behaving lot better. Please note that RPM Script 0.5 didn't include the TXPower hack.

·
Registered
17 Posts
[quote name='The Omen;43544]Drat' date=' this didn't work for me. I obtained my androidId using the emulator.I ran the RPM Script I held down the black button and turned off my deviceI started it back up.I let it boot up and waited 60 seconds here and there.I entered the key again before making my google accountI get a screen that reads "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care."So I re-flashed and did the whole thing over again.Then I re-flashed and tried again, without re-entering my androidID and then again after re-entering my androidID.Every time I boot up I get "Sorry! Application SIM Toolkit (in process.com.android.phone) is not responding." I click wait every time.[/QUOTE']I ran into the "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server." issue as well. When I was trying to enter my AndroidID the second time I was doing it wrong somehow.I needed to reboot the device, reconnect via USB once powered on, skip the TCPIP command and then run:adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue='YOUR-ID-HERE' where name='androidId';"Once I did that successfully it linked my google account almost instantly.It frustrated me for a while but you'll get it. The whole process is very finicky but do-able.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.