Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my google account set up few days ago and was able to download a few games from the market. However, I noticed today that when I click on the "Market" and "Map" shortcut on the homescreen, a message pops up saying "this application is not installed on the phone". The last change I made to my PDN was the mod 8-6 firmware flash. Could this be the reason why all of a sudden my market is gone? Anyone else has this problem? How can I get my market back?

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
why not explain how you fixed it and let someone else use your thread?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for those who want to how I got the market back, very simple: re-install google experience using the consolidated hack package. Since I only reapplied the volume-hack after I flashed the "mod" 8-6 firmware, I didn't realize this FW flash also wiped out my preinstalled GE. So a quick reinstall did the trick. Mystery solved. Stupid me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
[quote name='nycrare;39089]for those who want to how I got the market back' date=' very simple: re-install google experience using the consolidated hack package. Since I only reapplied the volume-hack after I flashed the "mod" 8-6 firmware, I didn't realize this FW flash also wiped out my preinstalled GE. So a quick reinstall did the trick. Mystery solved. Stupid me.[/QUOTE'] I had the same problem this morning when I went to start up the Market for the first time after the FW upgrade. There was no Market in my apps, but all the other Google Experience apps where there. So I did a quick install of GE and all was right with the world again. I have my GE install script set up so that it does the device ID setup as well, so I don't know if this would be needed as well (since it does it all for me at once), so YMMV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.