Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bits and pieces stolen from xda and other sites1. Download and installed the android SDK.2. Download all the current builds3. CMD and go to the tools sub directory4. Use this command 'android create avd -n market -t 2' Choose No for custom Hardware5. Do NOT start the emu6. Download and unzip this image file. http://content.modaco.net/dropzone/update-cm-3.6.5-signed.system.img.zip put system.img in the market.avd directory (Mine was in c:usersUsername.androidavdmarket.avd7. in your CMD use 'emulator -avd market -partition-size 128'8. wait. took about 10 min to load as this is a phone dev build and it has to reconstruct itself9. go through setup, say no to the account wizard ( there is a bug that wants you to slide the phone. If you get there just back up and hit cancel)10. Start Market, set account, and download11. ProfitsTook me 3 days of working it to actually work so stand fast

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now that I have a working emulator I know what values it is using for its ID codes. I will be doing some hex searches to see where these values are living in the OS. Might have to change the actual hex of the files to get this thing to work. I'll find it!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So after digging through the hex of the images It appears that the emulator.exe is mimiking a sim card and setting the imei The key sting is the +CGSN then space then the 15 digit IMEI in hex. Unfortunately since it is setting it there I cant find a config file to edit for our android. It HAS to be doen though since the eken is working. I will keep working on it

·
Registered
173 Posts
So I was messing with Mixzing last night, and it prompted me to update to the newer version. I said ok, and suddenly it launched a new screen that appeared to be the market. I don't know for sure, because this is my first time with Android. It showed the new version, and I tried to download, but it said the download failed. I then was able to search the market on this screen, and tried to dl a couple other apps, but they failed as well. I didn't know if anyone else had experienced this, sorry I didn't take any pics. Thoughts?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here's the work around for the android market, that I just figured out.1. Install the android SDK with the market onto you PC. (I used the directions found here: Linky)2. Install a file browser through the app market on the emulated phone. ( I used BlackMoon File Browser)3. Install the app on the emulted phone that you would like to put on you Novel.4. Using the file browser on the emulated phone, create a backup of the app you just installed. (BlackMoon created a "BackUp" folder in the virtual sim card)5. Navigate to the backup of the app. (Should have an .apk extention)6. Email the backup to yourself.7. Access your email and download the attachment.8. Upload the attachment to your DropBox Account.9. Access DropBox with you Novel and install the app.Hope this help some people out until the marketplace works directly.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.