Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, anyone else with an Augen Gentouch or other Android 2.1 device have issues with market downloads? I've got the standard "Starting Download..." problem, but I can't find a way to get past this...:mad:I've looked at the Wiki instructions, but I don't have the "Google Apps" entry in my Manage Applications menu what to try that work-around :confused:... It's kind of bizarre because I have the marketplace, but no Google controls at all. Ideas?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the idea, but as a Mac user (and as an individual who is not too comfortable in terminal-- there is no gui for the android emu on mac), I was really hoping to hear something much simpler... If anyone else has any insight, I'd love to hear it... For that matter, if anyone else out there has a Gentouch, I'd simply like to know if they're having the same issues. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
[quote name='RampantOctopus;24385]Thanks for the idea' date=' but as a Mac user (and as an individual who is not too comfortable in terminal-- there is no gui for the android emu on mac), I was really hoping to hear something much simpler... If anyone else has any insight, I'd love to hear it... For that matter, if anyone else out there has a Gentouch, I'd simply like to know if they're having the same issues. Thanks![/QUOTE'] If it is the same issue as the PanDigital Novel (no IMEI and no Android ID), I'm afraid you're gonna have to learn some terminal stuff to fix it. The symptoms are the same, so my guess is the cause is the same as well.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
It's the same problem with all of these tablets. If they have Market it is hacked on and not official. Google only allows devices with phones to be in the market. They just copy the crap from some phone and all have the same Android ID. You need to use the fix above to give the tablet a unique Android ID to fix it. Augen is going to have a headache on their hands as they promised the market and there is no way they can deliver it in a working fashion.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
jackbox;24588 said:
It's the same problem with all of these tablets. If they have Market it is hacked on and not official. Google only allows devices with phones to be in the market. They just copy the crap from some phone and all have the same Android ID. You need to use the fix above to give the tablet a unique Android ID to fix it. Augen is going to have a headache on their hands as they promised the market and there is no way they can deliver it in a working fashion.
I don't know for sure, but my guess is that they have a fake IMSI/IMEI (the same for all the devices), and then you can get a unique ID. I think we can do it for the PDN, just haven't gotten to it yet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
[quote name='RampantOctopus;24502]Yep' date=' works fine. Browser, YouTube, Gmail, other internet services work fine; it's really just the market that's failing me. I'm dying to get Aldiko on this mother, but so far, so bad.[/QUOTE'] Hi -To get Aldiko:1. open browser2. key in www.blackdroid.NET3. Select "A" from list4. find and click on aldiko,bookreader.premium.v1.2.9.apkShould install - let me know if problemJohn

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Umm, we already know it's available, most of us had to call every K-Mart store in our respective areas (I personally had to cross into a neighboring state to get mine lol) to even find one that was available for purchase.

·
Registered
17 Posts
[quote name='hackerjack;27770]Market working now... link to wiki and instructions are on Dev thread @ XDA. PLEASE don't post in the dev thread unless you are adding something! Now on to the recovery![/QUOTE] Here you go' date=' guys![url']http://www.slatedroid.com/showthread.php/3876-Android-Market-WORKING!-Gentouch78[/url]

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
... not to support competitition here, but PDN users had the market working before gentouch users did. I even linked to the PDN thread in the Gentouch board. Good work though.. I guess.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.