Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I know its bit confusing but somehow i found that today my market was working fully, all i did was to change ro.kernel.android.checkjni to 0 in /system/build.prop file, according to this post http://www.slatedroid.com/nationite-midnite-android-tablet-discussion/6510-angry-birds-witstech-2.html in order to run angry birds game. after changing i rebooted and on reboot my market asked me to sign in again and after sign in i found that it was showing me the google voice search instead of usual page. so i searched for Engadget sebsite app which i was never able to find before, and surprisingly it found this time and i was able to install it. I am not sure if its really just me or google has relaxed some restrictions on market.Anyone else has similar situation?P.S I also have changed the signature in same file to signature of passion (nexus one) much earlier than this recent change. By changing signature only, i was never able to find engadget and many other apps which i can see now!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes thats what i said, not today but few days ago, with firmware 0831 i tried this For 2.2 Market issues, use this mod. - Android Forums and a similar thread of this in this forum http://www.slatedroid.com/nationite-midnite-firmware-development/6190-new-piece-software-flashed-device-expand-its-functionality-released-0831-improved-bt-usb-8.html, to change build.prop. but it did not had any effect, i was not able to see engadget app. today i changed the ro.kernel.android.checkjni to 0 for the game but after reboot now my market is working fully, though i get one error frequently "android.process.acore" crashed and i have to force close it again n again. I myself dont know what is the case, i do so many things with this tablet, I have rooted it too, I have done App2SD as well and moved my app folder to externl SD card in ext3 partition. anyhow i am happy that market is working for the moment, and I want to see what is main reason for it to work. perhaps other users can try and we can get some clue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes offcourse, here is my build.prop/# begin build properties# autogenerated by buildinfo.shro.build.id=JIEVISro.build.display.id=A81E-eng 2.2 JIEVIS eng.witstech.20100831.110949 test-keysro.build.version.incremental=eng.witstech.20100831.110949ro.build.version.sdk=8ro.build.version.codename=RELro.build.version.release=2.2ro.build.date=Tue Aug 31 11:11:26 CST 2010ro.build.date.utc=1283224286ro.build.type=engro.build.user=witstechro.build.host=builderro.build.tags=test-keysro.product.model=A81Ero.product.brand=witsro.product.name=A81Ero.product.device=A81Ero.product.board=ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabiro.product.manufacturer=witsro.product.locale.language=ldpiro.product.locale.region=ro.wifi.channels=ro.board.platform=omap3# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.devicero.build.product=A81E# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprintro.build.description=liberty-user 2.2 FRF91 43546 release-keysro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2/FRF91/43546:user/release-keys# end build properties## system.prop for generic sdk #ro.sf.lcd_density=133#rild.libpath=/system/lib/libreference-ril.so#rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttyS0ro.config.sync = yeskeyguard.no_require_sim=1## ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES#ro.config.notification_sound=OnTheHunt.oggro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.oggmedia.stagefright.enable-player=truemedia.stagefright.enable-meta=truemedia.stagefright.enable-scan=truemedia.stagefright.enable-http=truero.kernel.android.checkjni=0ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONALnet.bt.name=Androiddalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txtsorry i dont know if i can attach file in this forum

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've read that some tablets include a small program that simulates a phone radio - for the purpose of tricking Android into believing that the device is a phone. The presence of this "phone" enables the full functionality of the "Google experience" including the marketplace. Does the device already have this simulated phone or is this something that could be created?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Has anyone besides avionion tried this? does it work for you? (oh, and, if u r rooted, u can install the eris market fix for a FEW protected apps, not many, but at least tv.com, which is not visible before the fix.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.