1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
12 Posts
please can you show steb by step, how to "-Open android_fs.tgz with 7zip and add the "su" command in system/bin without uncompressing it."i opened "android_fs.tgz" (android_fs.TAR) and i added the su file from eken_tools_for_m003.zip to system/bin (without uncompress)in update.sh from eken_tools_for_m003.zip i changed everywhere the extension, form tgz to tar and i added it to script folder .And i successfully updated the system. After i installed the superuser.apk and the connectbot.apki enabled the usb debuging. i connected to my device sucesfully but: su comand wont to works :mad:i tried this 10000x

·
Registered
119 Posts
@fearkiller: I ended up just downloading the eken_tools_for m003 .zip file, and following the instructions in the 'how to' txt file that is included in order to gain root access. This wasn't without its problems, though. I based my install on the Eken 1.7.4 original. I ended up using the 'update.sh' file found here: http://www.slatedroid.com/showthread.php/2004-Root-on-1.7.4/page2 Otherwise, just follow the directions. It does work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
***sorry, there where some typos in these directions - as I'm going to sell my m003 with a working market I followed my own directions and found they where not 100%. sorry, it's now corrected below. If you guys have problems ask in this thread... ***Had the same problem like fearkiller since my su did not have permissions.Here's the workaround for a working m003 market: 1) I recommend using unofficial m003 slatedroid 1.3 from the download section, it's the fastest ROM. But unfortunately the su in there does not work. I modded that, so at least for me it's working now http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PLY5WMVB. Flash it on your device (on your own risk, don't blame me...) Alternatively you can use any other ROM with a working su (super user = root).Connect your WIFI and make sure your USB-mode is set to "development"!Log in to market once and straight log out again. Note your m003 IP which you find in WIFI Settings / "your connection" (tab on it)2) Have your SDK ready... Details on where to download (see the end of the instructions) and on how to install are here.Setup a SDK test device as instructed on that site. Be sure to use Android 1.6 emulator!! (not 2.2 or something). Stop following the instructions as soon as you've installed the SDK and have a working simulator ready.Now run the SDK (doubleclick on SDK Setup.exe - yes, on that setup file, there is nothing to setup, the SDK is being started by running this setup file again). If asked whether you want to install something - you won't. The only thing you need to have installed is the SDK Platform Android 1.6. Start the emulator (...from "Virtual Devices" in the SDK, if you haven't created one, do so and make it a 1.6 device). A windows with an emulated device should appear with an Android 1.6 system running. Within this device login into market with your original gmail mail address once. Close the market, leave the emulator open with the home screen showing up.Leave the emulator window open, make sure your m003 is NOT yet connected to the PC, type the follwowing:adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.db "select * from meta";You should see an androidId being returned. Note this number somewhere, you'll need it later on!If for some reasons my instructions under 2) do not work
), you can refer here as well:Instructions on how to obtain an device market IDClose the emulated device and the SDK, don't need it anymore.3) Download the AndroidDBEditor from http://www.troido.net/files/AndroidDBEditor.zip. Unzip all contents, you can put it in the "tools" folder of your SDK.Excursion: For all who know about what I'm talking - if you make the tools folder available in your PATH variable, you can try to run AndroidDBEditor.jar (cmd --> java -jar AndroidDBEditor.jar) - with a WIFI connected m003 it will list up the device and maybe you're lucky and instead of listing the device only it will list your accounts.db within AndroidDBEditor.jar - in case you can forget the following steps and proceed with 7). 4) run "cmd" on your desktop computer.cd to the folder containing your sdk, further cd to "tools" folder.type adb connect [your m003 IP here]:5555The system message should be connected to [your m003 IP].If you can't connect, make sure on yur m003 under /settings/Applications/Development you've set "USB debugging" to yes and "Allow mock locations" to yes...! You might also want to set "Unknown sources" to yes in Application settings".4)
On the m003: click the superuser permissions icon. Black screen appears, that's fine. Leave the black screen open, just return to your desktop PC.5) On your desktop cmd window, type adb shellyou get the m003 command prompt, so you're on the m003 now connected via your desktop shell.type su.Using my ROM from above or any other with a working su you should be in su mode now.type cd /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databasestype chmod 777 accounts.dbtype exittype exit againyou're back on your windows machine.6) Make sure you have a folder named c:/temp on your desktop machine.type adb pull /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.db /temp7) Start the SQLitebrowser.exe from the zip you've downloaded under 3)Use "File open" button (don't remember, if it does not work with file open use "import" under file menu) and open c:tempaccounts.db Switch to the "Browse Data" tab in SQlitebrowser.In the drop down "Table" choose "Meta".Double click on androidID/intvalue and copy/paste in your individual device ID from step 2).Press Save button.8) return to your cmd window. type adb push /temp/accounts.db /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/9) Reboot m003, use your google mail E-Mail-account to login (the same one you hopefully used in the emulator to obtain your device ID), market will work...Have fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.