Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
|||IF THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME YOU SEE THIS POST NOTICED THAT NOW IS CORRECTED AND WORKS 100%|||First of all i want to thank's helmuteke who's explanation on how to fix it on M003 helped me to get it work on Epad.First you will need:- Android SDK running in your pc (i use windows xp)- You have to install "Slatedroid1.3-flytouch-edition V2" firmware. Available here in the download section.By the way i replaced connectBot app with this one ConnectBot-svn-r400-all.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - downloadAnd installed the following superuser app Superuser.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - downloadAnd then follow these steps 1- Read and follow helmuteke's thread following this link this will explain you how to install SDK and run android emulator locally to get a correct accounts.db.2- Read helmuteke's thread till PART II only here's when the trick comes in play.3- Open the SDK emulator and in windows cmd go to the folder where you installed SDK (i.e. X:android-sdk-windowstools) and type: "adb devices" (without quotation marks). This will show you the current available devices.If everything's Ok you should get something like this:-------------------------------------------------------X:android-sdk-windowstools>adb devicesList of devices attachedemulator-5554 device-------------------------------------------------------if you get something like the lines above continue to step 4.4- In cmd type: "adb pull /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.db"(without quotation marks). This step downloads emulator accounts.db to your pc and stores it in adb tools folder.If everything's okay you should get something like this:----------------------------------------------------------298 KB/s (0 bytes in 14336.000s)----------------------------------------------------------Great! move to step 55- Close emulator, and start your ePad, on the ePad go to "Settings > aplications > development > and enable usb debug" connect it trough wifi and find it's IP adress. The quickest way i know is entering your router and look for your ePad's mac addres there should also say it local ip adress.Go back to windows cmd (you should still be at the location "X:android-sdk-windowstools" if you are not, then go there). And type "adb connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5555" (replace x's with your device ip adress, remember not to put quotation marks).6- Let's make sure we are connected to our pad. Type on cmd "adb devices"(without quotation marks). You should get something like following:------------------------------------------List of devices attached192.168.1.122:5555 device------------------------------------------7- This is our last step. On cmd once again type: "adb push accounts.db /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/" (without quotation marks).(i've edited this step cause it had a typo, sorry folks):rolleyes:If everything is going great (and i hope so) you sould get something like this:------------------------------------------149 KB/s (0 bytes in 14336.000s)------------------------------------------8- Reboot your Chinese pad.And VOILA!! download from market like mad.Hope this work for you as good as it worked for me. I'm really new at this (got my epad 2 days ago) but i really love this little piece of weird tech. By the way i know my english sucks
.Cheers!:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Thanks for trying but didnt work for me. Also note missing / at item 7 between data and com. Any help I'd appreciate it. I have the following :- http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.42216I just got the following :-C:UsersDavidDownloadsandroid-sdk_r06-windowsandroid-sdk-windowstools>adb push accounts.db /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/failed to copy 'accounts.db' to '/data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases//accounts.db': Permission denied
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
apexialdesigns;27423 said:
Thanks for trying but didnt work for me. Also note missing / at item 7 between data and com. Any help I'd appreciate it. I have the following :- http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.42216I just got the following :-C:UsersDavidDownloadsandroid-sdk_r06-windowsandroid-sdk-windowstools>adb push accounts.db /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/failed to copy 'accounts.db' to '/data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases//accounts.db': Permission denied
Look in emulteke's thread it expains how to get root access. That should fix the problem.Sent from my SlateDroid 1.3 using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
I appreciate the effort. But your instructions are not clear since you are refering to helmuteke's thread and repeat some of his instructions in your steps 3-5. The accounts.db or step 4 is where everyone is having trouble.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are you connecting the emulator or the device? in these step you have to disconnecto your epad (i.e: adb disconnect 192.168.1.xxx:5555), and then open the emulator so you connect to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
slimysnot;28598 said:
thanks OP! it is working for me. not sure why other guys are having so much trouble (you want to correct the missing forward slash in step 7 though.)
Yes indeed!!! I've just noticed that!!!Where it says:"adb push accounts.db /data/datacom.google.android.googleapps/databases/" shoulded say: "adb push accounts.db /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/"
 
1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top