Android Tablets Forum banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thank you both WAI and dknight12114 for responding. I'm actually not really opposed to rooting (my Droid 2 has been rooted for some time), but I guess I've gotten to the stage in my life when I like things as simple as possible, so I tend not to hack if I don't have to
With that said, it's great news that the Firmware provided from Ainol comes pre-rooted; this is the first time I've read that!

I did know about Google's decision to make movies not available on rooted devices, but I don't think I'll miss that too much. I've been very happy with everything my phone can do as rooted, and don't plan to do much differently (maybe actually read ebooks on it, but that's obviously not a problem). So that's awesome for that piece of information, thanks guys!

So does that mean that once a newer firmware is in place, there's no need to hack the Market to get the full abilities? Or is it still limited in some way and, if so, what ways? Also, the central repo of firmware -- some place to tell what's newest and changelogs?

Thanks again! Still anxiously awaiting the 'it's shipped' email :-/
The market is still limited, if you want a full market, try stvewb's post on #71. About the changlog, i think this forum is updated just fine, for me the best firmware at the moment is 2.0 V3

·
Registered
497 Posts
@8inch and @khelek,

the reason the Market is limited is because of the Build.prop File and what it contains. mainly because of the Device really. i don't have much knowledge there so can't say much. although i do know by changing certain things in the build.prop File will gain you access to more Apps. hence being Full Market almost (maybe like 5% of Apps. won't show).the market script by user lordsbm has done an awesome job with his script and i advise you two check it out once you get your Novo7

Link

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

:/...same here!

these are exactly the same questions i have before finally buying the NOVO7 Advanced!

thnx
8inch
I ran the full market update on my old NOVO 7A (firmware 1.7) No problem. the new Novo 7 w/ Firmware 2.0 also took it ok but took much longer and looked like it was about to fo into a loop. Just let it go...and make sure the screen timeout is off.

My question really was ...I want to run Roman's script...but I want the tablet unrooted. Since he built it from the Tasslehoff script...i dont think it is gonna work.

Is there any way to copy the firmware that is on the tablet?
If there is I haven't found out what the software name is...anyone help me?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Holla

...but I want the tablet unrooted.
if i understand it correctly from the answer and original posting on tabletrepublic.com (thanks to lordsbm and WAI)

WAI said:
All of the releases of Ainol Firmware for the Novo7 Advanced is already pre-rooted so no root script is necessary . lordsbm script basically is a auto-installer. it installs any App or places any File in it's correct location. the script updates the Market or adds the Market (depending on the Firmware you use) and allows you to have mostly/almost FULL Access with most Apps. showing in search results or the Market itself.
lordsbm said:
Novo7 Advanced firmwares came rooted, so you don't need to do anything rooting process. From 1.7.2/1.7B firmwares, market is also included. However, the default market has apps missing due to the apps restrictions. The apps do not recognised what Novo7A is, therefore blocking it from appearing in search.

What my script does is to fool market into recognising Novo7A is Motorola Droid. This enable all those block apps to appear and let you install it from market. My scripts has 3 versions, so make sure you use it with the correct firmware on your tablet. To check which firmware you have, goto settings > about device > baseband version.
the official Firmware of the NOVO 7 Advanced is already prerooted!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got my advanced this Monday and the market is fine from the firmware which is installed: crane_aino-eng 2.3.4 GRJ22 eng.weng.20111125.135834 test-keys.
I'm really happy has this one is working out. Standard on this firmware there are almost no apps installed, not even 1 game but i can install the apk's fine.
On the other hand i got the basic version today which has 3.2 installed with a few games including Spiderman but that version doesn't have the Dutch language so i'm keen on seeing ICS 4.0 on that one hoping it has a Dutch language pack!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I just bought an Ainol novo 7 Elf but there wasn't google android market place in it. So I was wondering if this would be work for the novo 7 elf!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my advanced this Monday and the market is fine from the firmware which is installed: crane_aino-eng 2.3.4 GRJ22 eng.weng.20111125.135834 test-keys.
I'm really happy has this one is working out. Standard on this firmware there are almost no apps installed, not even 1 game but i can install the apk's fine.
On the other hand i got the basic version today which has 3.2 installed with a few games including Spiderman but that version doesn't have the Dutch language so i'm keen on seeing ICS 4.0 on that one hoping it has a Dutch language pack!
Hi, I've got the same firmware on my ainol novo with market installed.
But the market is still limited, a lot of apps are not in there.
How can i enable all apps? Can I run script for firmware 2.0V3?

81 - 97 of 97 Posts