Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have no idea what branch the bootloader is.

I saw this buried in about page 6 or 7 on a thread on XDA.

I used Chrome to open this link and translate it: http://www.malata.com/cn/downloadlist.aspx

and I've downloaded the file in the attached .txt file. It's an ftp address, a very slow ftp address. The forum here keeps inserting an emoticon into the address for some reason.

It's for the Malata T2 (Zpad) WiFi only edition. Other than having 1GB of ram (as an option, 512mb is also an option) this T2 edition is the same as a gTablet. This firmware release date: June 13th 2011.

File size is about 136mb inside the .rar

Will it work? I'm going to try it myself over the weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I've just flashed it.
It's booting up for the 1st time now.

When you download the file from the ftp, you run "download.bat" and it does the install:

D:\Tablet\T2_nvflash_mp_wifi(no sim)_20110613>"nvflash.exe" --bct Malata_a02_12M
hz_H5PS1G83EFR-S6C_333Mhz_1GB_2K8Nand_HY27UF084G2B-TP.bct --setbct --bl bootload
er.bin --configfile android_fastboot_full_i_malata.cfg --odmdata 0xbc0c0011 --cr
eate --go
Nvflash started
rcm version 0X20001
System Information:
chip name: t20
chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 3
chip sku: 0x8
chip uid: 0x17141187415ff557
macrovision: disabled
hdcp: enabled
sbk burned: false
dk burned: false
boot device: nand
operating mode: 3
device config strap: 0
device config fuse: 0
sdram config strap: 0

sending file: Malata_a02_12Mhz_H5PS1G83EFR-S6C_333Mhz_1GB_2K8Nand_HY27UF084G2B-T
P.bct
- 4080/4080 bytes sent
Malata_a02_12Mhz_H5PS1G83EFR-S6C_333Mhz_1GB_2K8Nand_HY27UF084G2B-TP.bct sent suc
cessfully
odm data: 0xbc0c0011
downloading bootloader -- load address: 0x108000 entry point: 0x108000
sending file: bootloader.bin
| 945476/945476 bytes sent
bootloader.bin sent successfully
waiting for bootloader to initialize
bootloader downloaded successfully
setting device: 1 0
creating partition: BCT
creating partition: PT
creating partition: EBT
creating partition: MBT
creating partition: MSC
creating partition: BLO
creating partition: OGO
creating partition: SOS
creating partition: LNX
creating partition: APP
creating partition: CAC
Formatting partition 2 BCT please wait.. done!
Formatting partition 3 PT please wait.. done!
Formatting partition 4 EBT please wait.. done!
Formatting partition 5 MBT please wait.. done!
Formatting partition 6 MSC please wait.. done!
Formatting partition 7 BLO please wait.. done!
Formatting partition 8 OGO please wait.. done!
Formatting partition 9 SOS please wait.. done!
Formatting partition 10 LNX please wait.. done!
Formatting partition 11 APP please wait.. done!
Formatting partition 12 CAC please wait.. done!
done!
sending file: bootloader.bin
| 945476/945476 bytes sent
bootloader.bin sent successfully
sending file: mbtdata.img
- 1024/1024 bytes sent
mbtdata.img sent successfully
sending file: boot.bmp
- 1843254/1843254 bytes sent
boot.bmp sent successfully
sending file: logodata.img
\ 2177472/2177472 bytes sent
logodata.img sent successfully
sending file: recovery.img
/ 4130816/4130816 bytes sent
recovery.img sent successfully
sending file: boot.img
- 3467264/3467264 bytes sent
boot.img sent successfully
sending file: system.img
- 170953728/170953728 bytes sent
system.img sent successfully

D:\Tablet\T2_nvflash_mp_wifi(no sim)_20110613>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

·
Registered
27 Posts
It flashed, but it would't boot up for me.

I tried to boot into recovery, but some Chinese stuff came up and the screen never changed at all.

I'm between night shifts, so I'll try again in a few days after I've slept.

I've flashed back to a stock gtablet rom for now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Chasing you around the threads
The rom is 1.1
The chinese you see is andriodrecovery 3e. you get this because you can't boot in to change languge

The first shortline is reboot.press power button to activate
Unfortunately there is no repartition or wipe dalvik so I don't there is much you can do unless you open the Rom itself

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chasing you around the threads
The rom is 1.1
The chinese you see is andriodrecovery 3e. you get this because you can't boot in to change languge

The first shortline is reboot.press power button to activate
Unfortunately there is no repartition or wipe dalvik so I don't there is much you can do unless you open the Rom itself
Hello Graeme.

Your post over in XDA about this possibly being a kernel issue got me looking at pershoot's page. He has an updated bootloader for zpad for the froyo OS. I'm looking at flashing this again and then flashing the new bootloader before the restart. if all else fails, I'll flash a new kernel and see if it boots.

The Chinese on the screen was the start up page. It said MALATA in big red letters with a line of Chinese under it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
hmmm
well, im on the 1.1 bootloader as well
I would like to see what this flash/rom has to offer before deleting everything and moving to the new boot loader

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have this ROM running on my G-tablet ATM. I am on the 1.2 bootloader and all i did to flash this was replace the system.img file in my nvflash folder (stock4349) with the system.img file from the download. You flash it like normal and reboot into recovery and clear data/cache and then reboot and let it boot-up. It is a 2.2 Froyo build, here is the information from the "about tablet" section
Model Number
T2
Android Version
Baseband Version
Unknown (well duh!)
Kernel Version
[email protected] #1
Build Number
20110613_T2_WIFI1002 for 3G

It is very basic with its own "Chinese Market" for you to download stuff, it appears to have a nice task manager. I can not check wifi or bluetooth ATM, the screen rotates as it should, the auto brightness works fine. I am just gonna go ahead and say everything works as it should since the only real difference between the zpad t2 and the g-tablet is less memory, gps, and 3g. If you want to check it out be my guest but you will have to change the language from Chinese to English after it boots which shouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the update.

It's Murphy's Law. I just finished setting up Bottle of Smoke 6 the way I wanted it this morning...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the instructions. It worked!

WiFi works great.

There is the authentic Android Market pre-installed, as well as some form of streaming movie on demand service (PPTV)! I was watching "Rabbit Hole" with Nicole Kidman.

I signed in and all of my purchases were there to download in The Market.

What I can't figure out is how to mount the /SD Card. The option is grey'd out with the 1.2 bootloader.

/SD Card 2(External) works, just not the internal...

I'm nvflashing it to the 1.1 bootloader with CWM to see if that works.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have this ROM running on my G-tablet ATM. I am on the 1.2 bootloader and all i did to flash this was replace the system.img file in my nvflash folder (stock4349) with the system.img file from the download. You flash it like normal and reboot into recovery and clear data/cache and then reboot and let it boot-up. It is a 2.2 Froyo build, here is the information from the "about tablet" section
Model Number
T2
Android Version
Baseband Version
Unknown (well duh!)
Kernel Version
[email protected] #1
Build Number
20110613_T2_WIFI1002 for 3G

It is very basic with its own "Chinese Market" for you to download stuff, it appears to have a nice task manager. I can not check wifi or bluetooth ATM, the screen rotates as it should, the auto brightness works fine. I am just gonna go ahead and say everything works as it should since the only real difference between the zpad t2 and the g-tablet is less memory, gps, and 3g. If you want to check it out be my guest but you will have to change the language from Chinese to English after it boots which shouldn't be too hard.
Even going at it with Bootloader 1.1, CWM 0.8, 2048/0, clearing the cache(s) etc. It will not let me mount /SD. I assume it's by design then.
You can't use camera, Doc's to go etc. with out the SD card mounting.

I'm going back to another ROM.

If anyone has any idea how to mount the SD, let me know.

It runs on both 1.1 and 1.2 bootloader.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, I was not able to get that version running the way I wanted on my gTab. I was never able to mount the /sdcard

But I went back to 1 release before that one and it worked fine.

It's the 1202 edition. Get it HERE. Just rename it update.zip and use CWM to install it normally.

It's Android 2.2 on Boot Loader 1. But it feels very lean and quick compared to 4349.

The bonus? No tapNtap firmware. The only other release I like as much as this is VeganTab 7.0 RC1

But you will have to do a Market Fix to get it to work. It is in Chinese when it 1st comes up, but it can be changed in settings pretty easily.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Google t2-0318-bigideas3.2(60) I am using it right nopw its very fast and it in english, Market is already on the rom and works perfectly and Plants VS Zombies work without crashing, Good Luck!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Google t2-0318-bigideas3.2(60) I am using it right nopw its very fast and it in english, Market is already on the rom and works perfectly and Plants VS Zombies work without crashing, Good Luck!
So this works straight up on the G Tablet Bootloader 1.2? I did see that someone had pulled the system.img out and used that with the 4349 zip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your bootup issue might be because you set "--odmdata 0xbc0c0011" (when ran the batch file). That config value is for zpad specific.
Try setting --odmdata 0x800c0011 (that is the default for gtablet.

It flashed, but it would't boot up for me.

I tried to boot into recovery, but some Chinese stuff came up and the screen never changed at all.

I'm between night shifts, so I'll try again in a few days after I've slept.

I've flashed back to a stock gtablet rom for now.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts