Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 194 View attachment 193 The Eken with Aldiko makes a great ebook reader, but it looks about as rugged as a a calcium deficient pullet egg. I was sure I'd drop it some day, elbowed by a 4 year old, or tripped up by the mutt. It also just wasn't easy to carry, and didn't set well on the knees for extended reading. That slim case, rounded and beveled edge and slick plastic wasn't designed for holding, but for sliding off of things. I know, I caught it twice already, headed for oblivion on the hardwood floor.What I wanted was something more like, well, a book. People have been holding those things for what, 600 years or so, and they've gradually refined the size and shape down from a scroll, to a tome, to something that you can hold open in a hand for hours at a time without too much trouble.Also I wanted some crash protection. Maybe there was a good tablet sized case I could buy at the local Staples. Maybe even cheap enough for the Eken. Since it cost $99 delivered I didn't want to spend $$$ for a cover. So off to the office supply store to see what was available. Unfortunately (or perhaps luckily) nothing fit, because everything for an Ipad or netbook seemed to be 30 bucks, and like uncle Fox's shorts, two sizes too big.(to be continued)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.