Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the Gel cover recently (I like it) but the Novel no longer sits in the provided stand correctly so I made my own. Even left a spot so the power can be plugged in.My daughter even had fun finding the Duplo blocks for me.

· Registered
361 Posts
I put some twice sided tape down the left & right sides of the bezel to keep the cover from slipping under my thumb. It seems to be holding. I may put some around the top & bottom too. Just sayin'. I like your stand!Cheers,kev

· Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's Launcher Pro Plus. Someone else mentioned Panda Home would work in CCW landscape by putting the Novel to sleep and waking it back up. So, I tried this. I left the force close message up put the Novel to sleep and then woke it back up and closed the force close message. A second later Launcher Pro Plus shows up working.
Bit of a pain but it is working.

· Registered
338 Posts
Exactly! forbidden sort of landscape... what is it? Duplo, or not it doesn't matter to me, stock deck w/out gel is working just fine here. The launcher is another story.Besides, could you please describe in detail your noti-bar widgets/buttons, I like them. Only scared they will cover my regular after-boot "Damaged SD card" icon though. But anyway, where to get the weather/clock wall, too?TIA

· Registered
83 Posts
[quote name='blazingwolf;41573]It's Launcher Pro Plus. Someone else mentioned Panda Home would work in CCW landscape by putting the Novel to sleep and waking it back up. So' date=' I tried this. I left the force close message up put the Novel to sleep and then woke it back up and closed the force close message. A second later Launcher Pro Plus shows up working. [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG] Bit of a pain but it is working. [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE'] This is so not fair, I have Launcherpro plus and I cannot get it in normal landscape. I get the FC, put to sleep, then wake but it wakes with the stupid lock menu with the swipe in the lower left hand corner, I press the vol up key to bypass the swipe lock and it opens in Launcerpro plus perfectly UPSIDE DOWN. Does turning off the lock help?DID IT! Yes I had to turn lock off

· Registered
56 Posts
Legos? How cool. I love everything I'm learning here (because I knew nothing about Android), but this is really neat. (Cool? Neat? I'm definitely dated!) If I get the gel cover, I will have to dig into the Duplo box that is patiently waiting for the existence of grandkids.

· Registered
338 Posts
Imagine two steel wires 2...2.5 mm in diameter. Bend one into trapeze shape base of which will have an opening 4-5 mm shorter than short side of PDN. Base angle of the trapeze could be anything between 65 and 45 degrees. Drill 2.5 mm holes in the longer side of PDN's back somewhere close to corners, parallel to screen surface. Snap one trapeze in place. Second trapeze is the same only for the other side, and both trapezes can be joined by a rigid link, or hook of some length allowing to change the angle of PDN if there's several hooks on that link.Now the resulting trapezoid (in 3D, hehe) has an advantage that it can be put into any orientation just by pressing the corresponding PDN's side. Extra holes on the speakers side can also help in getting "better" sound out of those "heads" we have. Extra holes on the other side are ideal to placing echo- and noise supressing mics near them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.