Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone seen this tablet 169 @ Tigerdirect seems very responsive can't seem to root it though

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it appears this is a rebadged Ainol Novol 7 advanced bricked mine and brought it back to life with Ainol's firmaware

·
Registered
14 Posts
ok, I just got this this afternoon and started playing with it, and of course broke it within minutes got it to reboot, tried several ways to root it and none worked. I typed adb shell from my pc and found this wonderful prompt that looked like this..
#

it already has root. so here's what I did to make it work.

download this root.zip
unzip it to the location of your choice

you must have adb installed on the OS of your choice.

To confirm your device is properly detected, in the command prompt, run
adb devices

Now copy busybox, su, superuser.apk to /data/local/tmp/ using adb.
adb push busybox /data/local/tmp
adb push su /data/local/tmp
adb push Superuser.apk /data/local/tmp

Now run adb shell
adb shell

Note that you see a "#" sign in the command prompt.
Next run the following commands in the shell to change permissions on the files:

****** Note that the names of the files are case sensitive ******

chmod 6755 /data/local/tmp/su
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/busybox
chmod 644 /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk

now to put the files in the proper locations.

change to the correct directory.
cd /data/local/tmp

copy su and busybox to /system/bin/
./busybox cp -p su /system/bin/
./busybox cp -p busybox /system/bin/

copy Superuser.apk to /system/app/
./busybox cp -p Superuser.apk /system/app/

now reboot.

that should give you everything you need for a fully functioning root package.
the binaries might be out of date a bit, but they work, and as an alternative to copying busybox to /system/bin you can download busybox installer (pro) and run that to install busybox.
(note: I did notice that busybox 1.20.1 would not install on my tablet, but 1.20 did.)

I'll figure out how to get android market/google play to install shortly, then I'll post it up for anyone who wants it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok, I just got this this afternoon and started playing with it, and of course broke it within minutes got it to reboot, tried several ways to root it and none worked. I typed adb shell from my pc and found this wonderful prompt that looked like this..
#

it already has root. so here's what I did to make it work.

download this root.zip
unzip it to the location of your choice

you must have adb installed on the OS of your choice.

To confirm your device is properly detected, in the command prompt, run
adb devices

Now copy busybox, su, superuser.apk to /data/local/tmp/ using adb.
adb push busybox /data/local/tmp
adb push su /data/local/tmp
adb push Superuser.apk /data/local/tmp

Now run adb shell
adb shell

Note that you see a "#" sign in the command prompt.
Next run the following commands in the shell to change permissions on the files:

****** Note that the names of the files are case sensitive ******

chmod 6755 /data/local/tmp/su
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/busybox
chmod 644 /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk

now to put the files in the proper locations.

change to the correct directory.
cd /data/local/tmp

copy su and busybox to /system/bin/
./busybox cp -p su /system/bin/
./busybox cp -p busybox /system/bin/

copy Superuser.apk to /system/app/
./busybox cp -p Superuser.apk /system/app/

now reboot.

that should give you everything you need for a fully functioning root package.
the binaries might be out of date a bit, but they work, and as an alternative to copying busybox to /system/bin you can download busybox installer (pro) and run that to install busybox.
(note: I did notice that busybox 1.20.1 would not install on my tablet, but 1.20 did.)

I'll figure out how to get android market/google play to install shortly, then I'll post it up for anyone who wants it.
We've got one of these and would like to know how to get android market/google play.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
We've got one of these and would like to know how to get android market/google play.

Thanks
as far as google play/market goes, after you've rooted it is remount /system as rw and put the vending apk in /system/app
if you need more specific directions, let me know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
to get it into "download mode" for flashing, make sure usb is unplugged, turn it off, press the menu button, and plug in the usb it will be a blank screen, but with the right drivers you can flash to it. I don't have anything I'm willing to flash at the moment, but when I've got something that'll work, I'll post it here.

drivers can be found in drivers are here. the drivers are from someone elses tool, but it has the right drivers, both 32 bit and 64 bit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ok, finally managed to get some stuff off the tablet. got the backup.img off.. unpacked it, and it has exactly what you'd expect. complete copies of all the img files, scripts, loader, parameter file, everything. after I tear into this, I'll post more.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ok, I got a lot done with this. I've got a rom running ext3 on a trio driod right now. working on ext4, I've got cwm working on it now. the rom I'm running is stock, but I've modified the status bar a bit. I'll give ya more when I've got more info to put here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
ok, I got a lot done with this. I've got a rom running ext3 on a trio driod right now. working on ext4, I've got cwm working on it now. the rom I'm running is stock, but I've modified the status bar a bit. I'll give ya more when I've got more info to put here.
running full ext4 now. looking to see how feasible an upgrade to gingerbread 2.3.7 would be.
much thanks to finless for his help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm about to use your instructions on my Mach Speed Tablet. I wanted to try and 1) verify or 2) share: the info I found on this tablet.

I got it on tigerdirect for $89, its 4.0 and the manufact/reseller is TrioMp3.com
On the back it says..... "TRIO Model Stealth Pro"
Below that -> Triomp3.com & made in china w/ a lot # and 4GB sticker. (Luckily it came with a free 16GB card)
I found the page and stats for it and bookmarked that: http://www.triomp3.com/media-players/tablets/stealth-pro-7/

It's been a while since I rooted an Android, I did my G1 when it first came out and used it for my mobile computer without a simcard. Never had service on it once lol but the wifi was plentiful.

If I understand correctly, we need to be careful to use the correct firmware for our particular tablet, and this one is kind of a bargain basement model (I dont know why the thing is sweeeeeet even unrooted), so its not as easy to find the right firmware so I'm glad I found this post.

Just installed the SDK again and gonna see if I can get in sum trouble. Thanks for this guide
and Howdy to my fellow Mach Speed users.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Trio Stealth 9.7 tablet running ICS (4.0.4) that I've rooted. Crashes all the time, want to blow everything away and install JB on it (4.2 or 4.3)

is this possible to do ? anyone done it ? want to let me know how to do it ?

TIA

1 - 15 of 15 Posts