Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
cheepmank;17452 said:
My network uses MAC address filtering.I cannot find the Pandigitals address in the settings menu.Help please.
Mine too... here's how I got it working. You tell the PDN to connect to the wi-fi in your house, then login to the router and check the log file. The PDN is really serious about logging in, it sent over hundred's or perhaps 1000's of login requests, before I could get to the log file and get its mac address and authorize it. I thought the PDN was trying a denial of service attack on my router <grin>. If you can look at the log file on the router, I am sure it records the offending mac address. I figured this out a couple of years ago, when I could find the mac address for some device I was hooking up.

· Registered
87 Posts
[quote name='OTkid;17558]I checked my log file as you suggested here because I am having the same issue with my Novel' date=' but it only displayed IP addresses, not MAC addresses. Any other suggestions?[/QUOTE'] I guess you could just turn off the mac address filtering... I threaten to do that all the time, because it is always a hassle, and the router has a limited table for the allowed mac addresses. I only have about 2 slots left... pretty soon I am going to be forced to disable mac address filtering because of too many devices to authorize. I told my son that if we do that, we need to strehgthen the password, and he groaned... what a pain to have to change the password in all of our devices!?Gee whiz, the router manufacturer didn't think we would have a jillion devices with wi-fi. I guess that they didn't see that Bruce Willis flick... where everything was wireless!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.