Android Tablets Forum banner

M70003 Help Constantly Restarting! PLEASE HELP

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  gevrik 
#1 ·
Hello, I recently purchased a mid m70003 (7") from China, initially it worked perfectly. Once I got home from China I played with it for a bit, and worked fine. Then I went to bed and my son unknown to me had a fiddle with it and had a look at it and tried to install an application from the market. Aparently it did not work, and after this began constantly restarting and going to the android screen after about 30 seconds of use.So now when ever I turn the device on, after it fully turns on and goes to the menu, i unlock it and go to anything (such as browser) after about 30 seconds of using the device it just goes to the android loading screen (the one with Android in silver.) and just constantly goes on this cycle of going to the android screen after 30 seconds of use, thus making the device somewhat unuseable.I'm looking to this forum for help in fixing this device, as I purchased it directly from a shop in China there is no way i will recieve a refund for the item and am pretty much on my own. Please someone guide me in fixing the device.Awaiting your Responses.Thankyou,

#3 ·
I'd reflash the apad with one of the original or custom firmwares here. Although I wouldn't use rogerbraun's 4.5 firmware, not because there is anything wrong with it (it's a great firmware), but it no longer erases the unit back to factory, which won't help you.Flash using the 0611 firmware, and let us know how it goes after that. There are several stickied threads on how to flash the firmware.

#4 ·
[quote name='Slade;13161]I'd reflash the apad with one of the original or custom firmwares here. Although I wouldn't use rogerbraun's 4.5 firmware' date=' not because there is anything wrong with it (it's a great firmware), but it no longer erases the unit back to factory, which won't help you.Flash using the 0611 firmware, and let us know how it goes after that. There are several stickied threads on how to flash the firmware.[/QUOTE']Hello, Thankyou for your help I've been searching for firmware to reinstall on the device to take it back to factory, however i'm unable to find it. Could you, or someone please show me a link to which I would find the correct firmware. I'm unsure of which firmwares would work for this device. As i've read of people using the wrong firmware and losing the touch screen feature of the device.Thanks again for your help :DAwaiting your response(s)

#5 ·
Hello, I recently purchased a mid m70003 (7") from China, initially it worked perfectly. Once I got home from China I played with it for a bit, and worked fine. Then I went to bed and my son unknown to me had a fiddle with it and had a look at it and tried to install an application from the market. Aparently it did not work, and after this began constantly restarting and going to the android screen after about 30 seconds of use.So now when ever I turn the device on, after it fully turns on and goes to the menu, i unlock it and go to anything (such as browser) after about 30 seconds of using the device it just goes to the android loading screen (the one with Android in silver.) and just constantly goes on this cycle of going to the android screen after 30 seconds of use, thus making the device somewhat unuseable.I'm looking to this forum for help in fixing this device, as I purchased it directly from a shop in China there is no way i will recieve a refund for the item and am pretty much on my own. Please someone guide me in fixing the device.Awaiting your Responses.Thankyou,

#6 ·
Posting the same thing in two separate forums isn't going to help you any faster. It generally just annoys people. I did reply to your other thread.You can find how to flash your device here.Taken from that thread:
1a. Download a firmware1b. Extract firmware (it's a zip file, so unzip it)2a. Power off Apad, by holding the front button for three seconds till the shutdown screen pops up. Select shut down (it might say power down). 2b. Wait for shutdown to complete. Switching the toggle switch too off, then put it back to the on position.3. While the device is still off, hold down the menu key (it's the left side of the button on the top if your holding it landscape) and plug the device into your computer via the lower usb port (again, if your holding it landscape) you will keep holding it till 4c4a. keep a hold on the menu button, Windows will ask you for drivers for this unknown usb device4b. Navigate it too the rk28usb-new folder in the update you unzipped earlier, this should install the device drivers.4c. once Windows recognizes the device, you can release the menu key.5. run RKandroidDM.exe found in the RKAndroidTool folder of the folder you unzipped. It should say Device found! (if it does not, repeat steps 3 and 4c6 click on the box next too the "New firmware Information" box and browse to the folder you unzipped, into the 'rockdev' folder and into the 'Image' folder there, you should find 'update' file.7. click the 'update' button and wait. It will take about 5 minutes to flash the new rom onto your device, once done a message on windows xp will indicate success, and your aPad will automatically start to boot to the new firmware, You can unplug the usb cable at this time. The initial boot takes much longer than usual (about 8 minutes) so just be patient.8. It will prompt you to calibrate the screen, do so.9. Everything will be in Chinese, so go to 'Settings' and scroll down to the 7th item in the list and click on it, then click on the first iten in that window, next select English. Now install whatever apps you want on your Android.
I would recommend the official 0611 update, then flash another custom firmware over the top. This way you clear out all installed apps and data.

#7 ·
[quote name='Slade;13185]Posting the same thing in two separate forums isn't going to help you any faster. It generally just annoys people. I did reply to your [URL=http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?1790-M70003-Help-Constantly-Restarting!-PLEASE-HELP]other thread[/URL].You can find how to flash your device [URL=http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?593-Noobs-guide-to-updating-the-FW]here.[/URL]Taken from that [URL=thread:I]thread:I[/URL] would recommend the official 0611 update' date=' then flash another custom firmware over the top. This way you clear out all installed apps and data.[/QUOTE'] Hello, and I apoligize for that. I just realised that this is where I should have originally posted this topic. Thankyou for your help I've been searching for firmware to reinstall on the device to take it back to factory, however i'm unable to find it. Could you, or someone please show me a link to which I would find the correct firmware. I'm unsure of which firmwares would work for this device. As i've read of people using the wrong firmware and losing the touch screen feature of the device.- Thanks again.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'll try it now if this works your a deadset legend :DEDIT ONE: REBOOTING NOW FINGERS CROSSED :DEDIT TWO: IT WORKED! THANKYOU SOOOOO MUCH! SLATEDROID ROCKS!
NOTE TO ANYONE EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEM AS THIS! SIMPLY
No need to flash it. Go to: Setting > SD Card & MID Storage > Factory Data Reset (30 seconds should be enough to get there). And please do not cross-post, it wastes time.
THANKS TO gevrik 100%AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO CONTRIBUTED TO HELPING ME WITH THIS DILEMMA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.