Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
this, and another, thread prompted me to take another look at mine again, it was D.E.A.D no leds when you pressed power and no response on screen, i was about to send it back for repairs or keep it for parts, i havent been able to use it for months because it was dead. so i took it apart, i tried to charge and power on but nothing, in the past ive pressed the reset button in all kinds of different ways, but when you take it apart it looks as though the reset is slightly off from the hole, so i put it on to charge, red led came on tried to power on after about 30 seconds charge and nothing so i pressed the reset (as i could actually see the reset button, i knew it was being pressed properly) for about 10 seconds. BOOm green led came on and its back to life again. modroid loads.

im putting linux on an micro sdcard asap

im so relieved its back they would have laughed if i had sent it over for reapirs and all they had to do was hit reset switch.

my advice is if its not working try reset switch for 10 seconds, if still no good try letting it sit for a week, then reset switch, then if your not willing to send it back to china for repairs try taking it apart wiggle the battery plug etc and reset with visual confimation for 10 seconds while charging.

·
Registered
81 Posts
if i were you id first ask the seller (and anyone else selling the VIAWM8650SILVER2 in that link where you can get the original firmware or new updates id probably not mention you tried to upgrade to a mod they might get lazy and not want to help. just say its not fully loading so something might be corrupt.

it sounds maybe like its different enough to not be taking the firmware mod, or id try uberoid or just search google for any firmware for that device (VIAWM8650SILVER2 or GHS M8)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been experiencing a similar problem with my m009s after installing the latest firmware from this page.

I found that somehow after installing new firmware, the tablet is actually still doing something that isn't visible. What I now do every time I finish installing a new ROM is the following:
- Disconnect the USB-cable;
- Hold the power button for approximately ten seconds. This seems to turn the device of properly, even though you can't see anything change;
- Start the tablet as I normally would by pressing the power button for about 2 seconds.

I have the latest MID model, so I don't know if this solution applies to this topic specifically, but I'd say it's worth a shot.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.