Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all: Has anyone gotten their M003 wifi to work with WPA2 Enterprise encryption? Works fine on all my networks, except for stuff at work, which nearly defeats the purpose of my adopting the M003. Here are some details: Network Authentication: WPA2Data Encryption: AESEAP Type: PEAPAuthentication: EAP-MSCHAPv2I've tried updating the "wpa_supplicant.conf " file as follows:ctrl_interface=tiwlan0update_config=1network={ ssid="the ssid at work" scan_ssid=1 proto=RSN key_mgmt=WPA2-EAP eap=PEAP phase2="AUTH=MSCHAPV2" identity="my user id" password="my password" priority=5} I've read in various places that Android 1.6 and above have support for WPA2 AES encryption, but that the UI is simply not updated allow selection of these options. Does anyone know if this is true, and if so, can one manipulate config files (as I've attempted to do above) to achieve some results? I'll continue tinkering, and post if any breakthroughs are made. Thanks for ideas/advice.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@nuchus: I extracted the 1.7.4 ROM to a SD card, found the file in the tree, made the changes in a text editor, then flashed the full 1.7.4 (with changed file) on to my M003.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.