Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,I have an M001 which I got recently. If I'm honest, I only bought it because it was dead cheap. However, it's proven to be WAY more useful and cool than I at first thought it would be. It's a bit crap, but it was ?60, so I'm happy that it wasn't wasted money.It's a bit too slow to really replace my Asus 901 netbook though. It's just a less rewarding user experience than the 901, so it's currently only used for odd things around the house.But having the M001 has shown me that I want a slate. I just want one which is faster than the M001 and provides a better user experience.The videos of the A81E make it look slicker and faster. To the point where I'm thinking that it'd potentially replace my netbook for quick-surf things, email and whatnot.Thing is, at ?160 it's nearly 3 times the price. Does anyone have experience of both? Can you give me an honest opinion of whether the A81E is really that much better?

· Registered
114 Posts
Wow! Froyo's JIT clearly does wonders on this thing! My HTC Magic barely hits 405 @ 710mHz and Froyo. Wicked, that makes me extra excited to get mine
Thanks for posting!How does Linpack perform?Edit: Come to think of it, how is that even possible? The N1 is running the Snapdragon 1gHz CPU with more RAM than this. How in the world is the A81-E benchmarking higher? Surely the Linpack scores are lower than the N1 w/ Froyo.

· Banned
204 Posts
I have had quadrant scores as high as 2K something something.linpack usually between 12.5 and 13.5 with nothing running.It really is quite fast. Great Internet Browsing, everything else Bumpy but overall very satisfying experience. With proper firmware would be Spectacular.(for a 200$ chinese pad)Run the Rowboatbenchmarks if you want to really get a feel for what this can do, very detailed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.