Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,just received my device and have this problem... When I turn it on, the Android logo shows up and about 5-6 seconds later the screen goes black and device just turns off (lights go dark). This happens both on battery and plugged in. I thought about installing a different firmware, but it's the same problem: I see the screen that says "Updating in xxx seconds", and when about 6 seconds are left it just turns off.Any ideas? Or is it a faulty device? Would hate to ship it back to China

·
Registered
100 Posts
Does the blue charging light come on when you plugin the power supply? Do you have a multimeter to test the voltage?I would bet $5 that your power supply is just toast. The units needs 9V 1.5A.

·
Registered
157 Posts
skywise;8014 said:
Does the blue charging light come on when you plugin the power supply? Do you have a multimeter to test the voltage?I would bet $5 that your power supply is just toast. The units needs 9V 1.5A.
Agreed. Your device might be discharged (or not enough current from low charge batteries) or your charger is toast.

·
Registered
100 Posts
[quote name='Wonko79;8020]It says 9v 1.5A' date=' but I have no way of testing. The blue lights do come on.I'll see if I can find a different charger to see if it helps. Thanks for the input.[/QUOTE'] Hmm, the blue lights is a fairly poor indicator, as they came on even after my power supply failed. Make sure your replacement supply is 9V DC 1.5A (2A recommended). Just don't try to long to get your Eken to work and miss any warranty/return policy your seller may have.

·
Registered
157 Posts
[quote name='Wonko79;8285]well' date=' different charger - same problem. since it always cuts off after the exact same period i guess it's a problem with the device.[/QUOTE'] i see. i'm not qualified to help you however i hope you get it sorted out. might be some damaged or misplaced hardware (like processor board not touching all mobo's pins).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same problem when running on batteries. Works fine on AC. I have confirmed that my charger is putting out 9.1v and I opened the tablet and tested the LiPo, it is 8.3v. So what would cause it to not work on fully charged batteries?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.