Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done some tests about videos capabilities of the M001...look that sample : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XJF4BRQIMP4 Encoding with bitrate 600 and resolution : 320 x 176I'm using android mplayer for viewing videos. ;)Limit capabilities :Over this settings Videos don't play :400 x 276 at bitrates 630 Standard MP4 formatSample : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UTEURZ1K ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
[quote author=Giuseppe_ncaj link=topic=82.msg666#msg666 date=1274038540]I have done some tests about videos capabilities of the M001...look that sample : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XJF4BRQIMP4 Encoding with bitrate 600 and resolution : 320 x 176I'm doing more tests for reaching best results...I'm using android mplayer for viewing videos. ;)[/quote]Hi Giuseppe_ncaj,Could you share the info of how to use mplayer for Android on M001????

·
Registered
107 Posts
[quote author=Giuseppe_ncaj link=topic=82.msg687#msg687 date=1274081656]Taka,You download mplayer on " http://andappstore.com/AndroidApplications/apps/mVideoPlayer " and install it... And nothing else ! ;)[/quote]Oh, you meant for "mVideoPlayer", not "mplayer". I got it. I was trying to use "mplayer" which is super light weight player from old ages and it seems like the guys from xda is working on running Android. I thought that was done and you used it...

·
Registered
31 Posts
More often than not that sample video you upload won't play for me, and when it does occassionally play, it is the same horrible playing experience I had with my video tests. Most often it just freezes on a video frame at one point and plays the audio.Like I said before, this device is just not made for video. It can't handle it. And when you do stumble across videos that will play, the bitrates are horrible, and the playback itself is stutter like and often out of synch.I applaud the efforts to get it working, I am just not so sure it is going to pay off. This type of problem is not one that is usually easily fixable, the hardware itself is just not up to the task.For video, the Archos 7 HT is going to be the low end android tablet to look at I believe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't understand why you can't play my sample... I have heard that some first M001 were 300MhZ and earlier 600 Mhz... Maybe it's the problem ! I don't know if I get a 600 Mhz one but I have no problems with Video now... But it's sure that this Tablet got very poor capabilities... Archos 7 seems to be a good product but with Android 1,5 I think it's a big mistake.

·
Registered
107 Posts
[quote author=Giuseppe_ncaj link=topic=82.msg732#msg732 date=1274098288]I don't understand why you can't play my sample... I have heard that some first M001 were 300MhZ and earlier 600 Mhz... Maybe it's the problem ! I don't know if I get a 600 Mhz one but I have no problems with Video now... But it's sure that this Tablet got very poor capabilities... Archos 7 seems to be a good product but with Android 1,5 I think it's a big mistake.[/quote]I did not play this sample video but I made my 1 hr video shrink to 320x172 512kbps as Giuseppe_ncaj suggested. It does not able to play by default player but if you open via file manager, it opens and play with default player.Still, 320x172 512kpbs shows a lot of noise, jagged lines, and frame drops even rate is 24fps. However, it is still the best video setting so far out of many others I've tried.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My videos are so slow when I click on them
I found something that works on my m001! I encode using ffmpeg:
ffmpeg -i video.mkv -b 500k -s 320x176 video.mpg

MPG files are not compressed much, so there's less work for the m001 to do. I play them with mvideoplayer and they play at proper speed, with the sound synced to the video. The file size will be bigger, because of the lack of compression. I just installed a 16 gig SD card, so I'm not worried about the size, just the quality.

None of the files converted by handbrake worked on my m001, so I'm happy to have something that works!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts