Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well. In this case the capacity of our battery of approximately 1200-1500mAh. Not so much. But encouraging about the increase in working hours to 6 h after replacing the battery.

·
Registered
100 Posts
[quote name='alphamale962;6425]my battery lasts a little over an hour' date=' and takes around 3 to charge[/QUOTE'] Wow. Mine lasts close to 3 hours with wifi and close to 4 hours watching mp4s without wifi. Charge time is closer to 4 hours for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a strange Problem with my Battery. It won't charge, full. It charges always a little bit. When I got it, the battery was charged a little less than half full. It worked about 45 minutes and switched itself off. Now it needs to charge about 6 hrs to last 5 minutes. After 6 hrs the blue lights turn off (fully charged). When I unlug/replug it it starts all over again with charging. I have also built a 9Volt block charging adapter, so I can use a 9Volt Block to charge my Eken. As soon as plugged in, the Eken shows me 100% battery, but switches off after about 5 minutes. I don't get the "charging" symbol. 1. Does anyone know how I could repair the Eken?2. Does anyone know how much amperes the Eken needs to accept the external power source for charging?I hope anyone knows answers.Ps: My English issn't that good,.. so be clement.

·
Registered
100 Posts
[quote name='RinoX;7053]I have a strange Problem with my Battery. It won't charge' date=' full. It charges always a little bit. When I got it, the battery was charged a little less than half full. It worked about 45 minutes and switched itself off. Now it needs to charge about 6 hrs to last 5 minutes. After 6 hrs the blue lights turn off (fully charged). When I unlug/replug it it starts all over again with charging. I have also built a 9Volt block charging adapter, so I can use a 9Volt Block to charge my Eken. As soon as plugged in, the Eken shows me 100% battery, but switches off after about 5 minutes. I don't get the "charging" symbol. 1. Does anyone know how I could repair the Eken?2. Does anyone know how much amperes the Eken needs to accept the external power source for charging?I hope anyone knows answers.Ps: My English issn't that good,.. so be clement.[/QUOTE'] Before anything - have you replaced the charger? They break easily - the replacement should be 9V and 1.5A or 2A [or more]. Oh and the 9V clip adapter doesn't work because your 9V battery cannot deliver 1.5A.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replacing the charger was the first thing I've done. But I tought it would not make any difference... but i was wrong. The chargingt time at my Eken is beneath good and evil. 48 Hrs + for a full battery.The charger I use is 0.4 mAh... good point I will replace that! (luckily the Eken is allright though).Ps: 1,5 A is a lot of Power... For a external power Source I sould look for a NiCad.

·
Registered
100 Posts
400 mAh is not even close to enough. My 1.5A power supply seems to be barely enough to run and charge at the same time - so yeah, this is most likely your problem. My unit charges in about 3-4 hours btw. If you're looking at rechargeable batteries, I would look at NiMh - for example, 8x NiHh AA [2500mAh] will get you 9.6V at 2500mAh - assuming around 800 mAh consumption, the pack would last over 3 hours. You can also find RC battery packs at 9.6 - but compared to Lithium-Polymer (LiPo) the pack will be huge

·
Registered
150 Posts
Deleted message due to decimal mistake. Sorry, I was thinking a 1600 mah battery would take ten plus hours to charge with a 1.5 amp power supply. Wrong! It's of course, one plus hours at 1C, and preferably longer at a lower charge rate. Nevermind........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.