Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought Android is supposed to kill tasks on its own, but on this device there doesn't seem to be a lowmemorykiller driver (I tried /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree)So does that mean this Apad needs the task killer since it can't kill tasks on its own?I don't know Android very well, but something is weird here. The 64mb swap, once it runs dry, results in system instability, because the Apad can't manage its resources. That's probably why it has a swap partition in the first place.

·
Registered
92 Posts
This would definitely make sense, I get the feeling that the firmware is leaking memory like a tea strainer. I have found that my apad stock with no installed apps becomes unresponsive after a night left in standby. Honestly the firmware is in a very bad state, I haven't had time to look around in it but I also get the feeling that the 2808 isn't being put into a suspend/low power state with screen off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.