Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
I haven't had any wifi problems. I have noticed that it can take up to a minute to reconnect / obtain IP address after waking from sleep. It might be my imagination but just opening the wifi settings screen seems to speed up the process.

·
Registered
846 Posts
WiFi connectivity seems to be the big weak spot for many of us.. I successfully connected to my son's secured wifi.. then failed to connect to my secure wifi.. then removed security and successfully connected.. then successfully connected when I turned security back on. Now I can't connect secured or not secured.. I've probably made 100 unsuccessful attempts with same result.Mine will go back if upcoming update does not fix the problem.. for me the wifi is an essential part of the package and is terrible right now.Emails to Pandigital go unanswered.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For me, the PDN has been pretty good overall. I agree that the wifi has been the biggest issue so far. Reconnecting after coming out of "sleep" mode has been problematic and takes me at least a dozen or so attempts before it works. Also, the wifi may disconnect when I exit out of the browser and go back to the the main menu. Sometimes it reconnects automatically after a minute or so. Other times, it does not and I have to do it manually, and then it takes several tries.That said, I plan to play with it some more. Hopefully, it will improve. I'm actually using this device more as a portable internet browser than an ereader so if the wifi doesn't improve, I will probably return it. Luckily, the BBY return policy is relatively lenient.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.