Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the LCD not work after taking the Eken apart and reassembling it?I took it apart to install a serial port, and now its hooked back up (all apart from the back case) the LCD doesn't light up or display anything when booting. I've verified it's booting fine, both from the serial console and from the sound effects once it starts up. No errors at all in the boot log, from what I can see.I don't think the back light is broken because the back light connector (assuming, next to the battery connector) isn't showing any voltage - which makes me the think the screen controller (guessing the WM1613G on the board) has decided not to turn the screen on for some reason.Have buzzed out the LCD ribbon cable as best I can, and eyeballed all the connections around the WM1613G. I've taken apart a fair few consumer electronics before, so I'm assuming (hoping) I didn't do anything totally stupid(!)Anyone got any ideas?Cheers,AngusPS I'm not completely fussed if the screen is broken, because my plan for this is to remove the board and use it as an embedded computer running Debian. I did want to play a bit more with Android first, though!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
... and fixed!Not even sure how I did it, I had it lying face up, went to press the Power button and - bim - it came on. Seems like the pressure must have re-connected something inside - maybe something in the screen is press-fit from the pressure behind it.Hope this might help someone else...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had a similar problem and found that the soc wasn't seated completely.. Thought I borked it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts