1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
143 Posts
10.2 inch tablets are still kinda hard to come by these days, and 99.9% of them you see on eBay are going to come from China and Hong Kong any way. It's a safe assumption that 80-90% of all merchandise that comes from China and/or HK is counterfeit or illegitimate in one way or another, so my advice would be to just wait until you can find a US seller trying to get rid of one on eBay. This would be my number one choice:http://cgi.ebay.com/10-2-Android-2-...md=ViewItem&pt=US_Tablets&hash=item2c562d55f0Has the 1ghz CPU, 256MB of RAM, and 10.2 inch screen and is sold right here in our home country for a decent price. You will also get the tablet much, much faster than ordering it overseas...probably within about 5-7 days at the maximum.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
143 Posts
It doesn't matter if they say the specific name of the processor or not, if you purchased that tablet from Hong Kong and it arrived and it actually had the slow crappy VIA 300mhz CPU, Paypal would not give you your money back because they only accept claims against the shipment of the item, and not the quality of the item - hence, if it's a fake, you're not getting your money back. You should almost always buy products from within your own country, that way you have more control over what you purchase and how you can go about getting your money back.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, i can see why id have more control over it if i bought it here in my country ( THE UK )But unfortunatly for me there are none here in the uk. Surely someone has a reliable chinese / honk kong source.Possibly where they have bought thiers from. Just looking for the read deal. Dont want to shell out the money and get a crappy version because ur trying to scam money

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, ah i see from the forum they will have a new and improved rom out for this next week. But it does run 2.1 which is great.My refund will come in some time next week, + some wages money and that could be my new tablet. Really looking forward to buying this one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
stephen0205;24575]Hi guys said:
http://chinagrabber.com/google-android-2-1-iped-tablet-pc---orphan-10-2-wifi-mid-slate---iped-m16-android.aspx[/url]but its a tab expensive, and i have never used the website, anyone know a secure seller that sells them cheaper.
I received my orphan m16 and am very happy with it. A lot of people claim to have the android 2.1 version but none of them are shipping. If you are looking for ebay sellers, amazingcrystal in Australia is also good and has the true android 2.1 tablet http://shop.ebay.com.au/amazingcrystal/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

·
Registered
63 Posts
What's odd about flatcomputing is that they add the same sales tax no matter where you live. They shouldn't be charging sales tax to anyone who lives outside Texas...[quote name='bugeyed;25225][URL]http://www.flatcomputing.com/[/URL]They are having some ROM issues on their first lot' date=' but they are in the US & working on a new release next week.[/QUOTE']

·
Registered
27 Posts
[quote name='stephen0205;25614]"I bought mine from Miss Wang. People seem to prefer buying from her over Deal Express and she has decent feedback. [URL=http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers]http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers[/URL].html"is it the 10.2 inch one u bought' date=' how are u finding it ?[/QUOTE'] Yeah the zt-180 10". I haven't gotten it yet. She said there are ROM/firmware issues (that most zt180s are having except for Enso's Zenpad4, I think they put their own rom/firmware on theirs) and asked if I still wanted it and I told her I did since flashing it with new firmware myself is no problem. It'll hopefully ship out soon.

·
Registered
146 Posts
personally I was goiing to go with the ZT-180 as well.and now of course this morning we find that they have all be counterfit cpusnot that they arent decent, but for example their true speed is between 600-800 MHZ not the 1ghz stated.also folks are questioning whether they will ever be able to be updated to 2.2as much as i REALLY want a 10 if there isnt something settled by 09/01 i may end up with a TCC7902 7"my 2 cts

·
Registered
9 Posts
[quote name='stephen0205;28071]whattt :(you mean the 10 inch tablet i just bought is not a 1ghz processor ?well that sucks' date=' mih just send it back when it comes[/QUOTE']the thread was locked by the admin on this site. it was all a hoax, including the fake zenithink.com.nu forum posting. You should do a benchmark test on your unit this is the only way to tell if it was 1ghz or not.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
fabulousdroid;25446]I received my orphan m16 and am very happy with it. A lot of people claim to have the android 2.1 version but none of them are shipping. If you are looking for ebay sellers said:
eBay Seller: amazingcrystal: items on eBay Australia[/url]
Just so you are awareWent into ebay tonight to check on my purchase made from "amazingcrystal", and was surprised to discover that she is no longer a registered user of ebay. Also the device that was paid for on 1/8/2010 has been removed. Currently am making a claim through paypal for this item.In the interests of transparency - should anyone wish to see a copy of paypal reciept and/or copies of the paypal dispute, please feel free to contact me.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
[quote name='mingnon;28777]Just so you are awareWent into ebay tonight to check on my purchase made from "amazingcrystal"' date=' and was surprised to discover that she is no longer a registered user of ebay. Also the device that was paid for on 1/8/2010 has been removed. Currently am making a claim through paypal for this item.In the interests of transparency - should anyone wish to see a copy of paypal reciept and/or copies of the paypal dispute, please feel free to contact me.[/QUOTE'] Claim with paypal instigated 6.55pmResolution of claim (email recieved) 7.25pmResult - Full refundAgain so that transparancy can be maintained all records can be supplied.cheersNow i really dont know what to get, wanted a 10" but ZT didnt work out and now this hmmmmm

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.