·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contribute your hardware mod ideas here

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you mean hardware mods on tablets then here are my ideas, which I want to try on my tablets when I get enough time.

Get a usb stick modem, (a lot of unlocked $15-20 one support voice+data+sms+ussd) crack open it to bare circuit.

Open tablet, Rig / connect it inside the tablet body / circuit / board to make it perform /behave like a monster mobile phone for data+voice+sms+ussd. Just like samsung tab2 3G model.

This will be fun on especially Elf 2 tab, It'll become DualCore fast monster phone or 3G tab

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thats a good start

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes some of the old members will remember a senior member named Carnivore , he is a hardware mod guru
he is willing to do some of the suggested mods and post step by steps for all that are interested in duplicating the mod

Reactions: axeteve

·
Registered
84 Posts
Oh Great,
Any contact id for carnivore?

One more mod suggestion, Which I'll be doing. Again after my term examinations.
Elf2

1. Open case of the tablet.
2. (a.) Add and extra similar 3.7V 3700mAh battery (I think its available at some stores). This will make it 3700x2 = 7400mAh
(b.) Get battery holder + (trustfire AA / protective x2) | 3.7V 3700mAh each |and add it. Will make it total 3700x3 = 10100mAh

3. Never get worried on battery, Play games unlimited.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've already tried adding additional batteries to tablets. That results in having to cut and expand the back.
Pls share some link on battery addition thing.

If you've ainol elf2 then there is enough space to add same battery on top of the original battery. And I think all ainol tablets are almost similarly designed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes some of the old members will remember a senior member named Carnivore , he is a hardware mod guru
he is willing to do some of the suggested mods and post step by steps for all that are interested in duplicating the mod
I know you have posted a video of wireless charging mod, but I can't seems to find it. Is there a 'hardware Mod' Subforum / Subsection etc? If not can you create it, so that people feel encourage / post there mods etc

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
I know you have posted a video of wireless charging mod, but I can't seems to find it. Is there a 'hardware Mod' Subforum / Subsection etc? If not can you creat it, so that people feel encourage / post there mods
It's on the main SlateDroid page in the SlateVids window.... I was looking for a thread or post too, lol....

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey Axe

You can add a additional battery , Carnivore did that mod I think 2 years ago but as he said the back has to modded. the space inside the tablets are limited . But please this is not to discourage you but to challenge you . I know Carnivore is looking at doing another mod when time is available

·
Registered
84 Posts
^^No, I was talking about 3g usb dongle mod.

Saw your website mp4nation......
WOW! it looks so cool. Who has designed that, I mean the color scheme, placement etc. Rarely saw a vendor site look that class

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol thanks for the compliment , but mp4nation is not mine , just a happy circumstance , I used to be called mp4doggie on the site but I decided to shorten it. anyway mp4nation is a very cool site , i have bought many of things from there

·
Registered
84 Posts
Lol thanks for the compliment , but mp4nation is not mine , just a happy circumstance , I used to be called mp4doggie on the site but I decided to shorten it. anyway mp4nation is a very cool site , i have bought many of things from there
LoL oky, Just pass the message to the actual creator, if you know him.

So will you ask mod guru about my suggested 3g usb dongle mod?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts