Android Tablets Forum banner

Looking for Handwriting Note app.

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  tadroid 
#1 ·
Hello world....Looking for a Note app that you can just free hand notes into. Not really looking for handwriting recognition just a doodle pad. Something to use during a meeting. Does anyone know of an app that can keep up without any lag and that is accurate.It needs to scroll up as you add some additional data so that you can keep on going in a meeting.So in other words I'm looking for OneNote on our PDNs. Anyone with suggestions.

#3 ·
I've tried: DrawNoteKAndroPaintLiteDraw!DoodleDroidFingerPaintWhiteboardSketcher -which is almost the same program as Draw(er)Genial WritingNote EverythingMy experience has been that the bottom 3 are the most usable for keeping up with handwriting but honestly none of them run quite fast enough on the Novel. Probably the Genial Writing app is the best at keeping up but it is kind of an oddball. Haven't come accross anything similar to OneNote.

#5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give a few a try from the ones mentioned. I think that a developer out there is missing a market. I'm sure it can be done because if you look at how Dolphin brower gestures work the PDN can pretty much keeep up. I hope one of the above is satisfatory. I have two PDN and one is for my 10yr old daughter. It'd be nice to get her into a paperless world early for school work etc..........I bought it as an ereader for her to start, and then saw what this group was doing with the units. Had to get a second one for myself.

#6 ·
I just downloaded two apps that could be worth a try.The first is called MyLetter and is very similar to Genial Writing where you write big and it resizes your words and puts them onto a lined background.The second is more of a drawing / art app called PaintJoy. It has lots of brushes which arent very useful for taking notes but it is quite responsive and keeps up with pen strokes fairly well.

#11 ·
Did you try... pen and paper? :-D

#13 ·
Hey, I paid for that app... gotta use it.

#15 ·
Genial Writing v1.07.0506 that I found on a download site installs and comes up, and you can add a notebook but not a note - the New Note icon wiggles then you get the force close box.Info says one thing - Device ID: null - that makes me wonder, but I really don't know and it won't seem to let me get to the point of writing anything to see if it is any good.If you can point to a non-market version that works or upload your apk here, I'd be grateful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.