Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a screen protector that fits the PDN ? The folks at Zagg said I needed to email my request to them !!! Which I did....They did NOT seem all that positive about offering one soon. They did let me know if I were to attempt to use the iPad version, that once the material is cut...the warranty is voided!

·
Registered
548 Posts
[quote name='gsuemnic;38199]Has anyone found a screen protector that fits the PDN ? The folks at Zagg said I needed to email my request to them !!! Which I did....They did NOT seem all that positive about offering one soon. They did let me know if I were to attempt to use the iPad version' date=' that once the material is cut...the warranty is voided![/QUOTE'] thought about that one but can't see putting a 30 dollar screen protector on a 100 dollar pad

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Not sure if this is just a dusty thread now... but for the WPDN - here's another option that's worth a mention....if you don't want to pay more than about $11, or are just a DIY'er & like to use the leftover pieces for other devices- you can get a Wrapsol for the Ipad on clearance right now at Staples for $10 and cut it down to the WPDN size. They work great for it. The first one I did, I used an xacto to cut along the edges, but it has to be real sharp..and you also run the risk of marring the white plastic while doing the edges....Another alternative is to cut the edges (ie w/a paper cutter) before hand- scan your WPDN and your printout gives you a template of your screen. Gonna next try using a scrapbook-type cutter and see how that does. To remove it- you pull it off, no residue- just be sure to keep some pressure ahead of where it is being pulled off from.

Anyhow-the reviews on this stuff are for ipad installation. I have placed 3 with no bubbles/no issues on the WPDN. Follow the directions and you'll have no issues. The rubber "squeegee" can scratch it if you use it like a jackhammer...be nice with it.... Looks like the material of the protector is the same as the 3m and xpel stuff mentioned before.

http://www.staples.com/Wrapsol-iPad-Screen-Protection-System/product_905914

·
Registered
348 Posts
I can't believe that a screen protector is worth $10 to $40!

Somebody must have a source for this material, which costs only pennies to produce...
It has been mentioned. You can buy from here and cut to size http://www.xpel.com/products/bulk.asp. You cannot "cheap-out" though. Check the specs sheet before purchasing, as the "Standard" has a gloss of something like 75%, so it isn't exactly clear "see-through". You could probably get away with something like the "Premium" which is 95% gloss....and can be purchased "by the foot"...which is basically what these folks are doing- buy huge sheet, use a plotter to cut and boom- $10 and up a pop.
It has also been previously mentioned around here that it this material comes by way of 3M.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.