Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Let me start by saying how much I have really enjoyed this site and that I am spending more of my time on here than I can afford to.That said, I am having loads of ickle annoying niggles. Here is the list. When accessing the site it either takes forever to load or it just chucks out error 404. I have had this on the apad and my NC10 (wireless) and also on my cabled main PC. I have run speed tests on all machines and it seems that it is the site.My main gripe is with the blog and uploading of pics. The blog doesnt have enough tools and the layout is very sketchy to say the least. I use blogs daily and it is barely usable. Pics wise, I uploaded some earlier to my blog regarding making a custom case and then was blocked form uploading any more (limit of 5 pics per post) so I deleted the pics and merged some of them in my photochoppy so that I could show all the pics but only use 3 or 4 upload slots. Now I cannot upload any?????What am I doing wrong?Riki

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Thanks for the feedback i am not a blogger and did not realize how bad the it was .i will see if we can either update it or bring more functions to itone of the problems is spammer , we have to put some limit on it or we would be flooded with shoe ads and crapand slow , yeah we know we are working on that issue and by working we mean looking for a new dedicated server company

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
Hmm, I'm not sure what's going on with the server. Would you be able to ping it and tell me what response time you get? I'm also in the UK and my ISP isn't too great but it seems to load reasonably fast. If not then have no fear, we are planning on getting a dedicated server soon with a 100MBit line. In response to the blog system it is part of vBulletin (the forum software we use) and is not likely to change in the near future as it would require a tremendous amount of work and there are more important things to be done first. We should hopefully be completely changing the look of SlateDroid soon too, so hopefully it will be something that we can take into consideration then.For the pics, I'd just upload them to somewhere like Photobucket. If you'd rather upload them into your post then trying creating a new one and the uploads should be working fine.If you have any problems then feel free to shout out.Thanks for your support

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys......Hope it gets sorted soon. As to the blog, well it's no biggie, I'll just soldier on as is.......When you are considering site layout changes, have a look at the androiddevelopers, androidtablets and the XDA sites for ideas of what layouts work best. Simple on the eye and easy to navigate around.Keep up the good stuff.....Riki

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
Ironically we were going to use the same style as AndroidTablets.net, but we had to wait until it was released for vBulletin 4. When it finally did, we discovered they were already using it x(We're actually considering something very similar to our original layout before we moved from SMF. Unfortunately it was before you joined so you probably have no idea what I'm banging on about

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, I had to give up on the site earlier due to the errors......Even now I am having to hit F5 every click.I wouldnt say the design is bad, just maybe not the right one for a site like this though. The colours should be more droid green and black as well. It's the little things like that that make all the difference.I would go for a less frame heavy front page, that is less busy. Maybe have a static top frame which has all the necessary links embedded into it. that way you wouldnt need to scroll up and down the page when you are lost in a thread. Remember, this site will be viewed on mobile devices as well as 20 odd inch monitors ;)First things first though, you seriously need to sort out this server issue as it doesnt look at all professional. I have already hit the off button twice today because of it. i cannot be alone in that!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.