Android Tablets Forum banner
101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for this. But if I can ask u a favor? Since u are in China, can u find out if the factories even bother with signal 1700 or will ever? This would be a massive sale point for them. Not to mention wonder news to all Tmoble users.
Here is clip from an email I got from the factory I deal with. This will answer your question, but it doesn't help with the T-Mobile issue. But, the brightside is T-Mobile will be moving away from the 1700 band sooner than you think. By then hopefully LTE will be available in the lower cost phones/tablets.

I have got the network frequencies chices as below for your ideas:

1) 2100
2) 850 1900 2100
3) 900 1900 2100
4)800 900 1800 1900
For the USA market option 2 is what is needed. This will also work in most of the world as 3G. I've been talking with another factory about LTE. It's promising... MediaTek is working on a LTE chipset and it should be available soon. The Chinese probably won't ever use Qualcomm chipsets for some unknown reason. I'll let you know when I hear more info on this.

For reference the above freq list is for a MTK6577 chipset. Most of the mass-produced phones in China are made for the domestic market and since they use 2100 band that's what most of the phones roll out the door with. Also, a "domestic" phone in China will not have the Google Playstore and most won't accept it if you find the proper APK files. I work with factories that do mostly export so they have the "international" version of Android and not the "domestic" version and yes they will support and do come with the Playstore pre-loaded.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes Dvalin I've seen that page on Wiki. That particular chip doesn't show a GPU which means a larger PCB and more components to drive the hi-res screens. MTK actually has other models that aren't listed in the Wiki that are already rolling out of the fabs. These other chips will probably be a better option. In fact later this week I will take delivery of a 7" tablet/phone that will support at least the AT&T 3G. I'm working with the factory engineers to find a LTE solution already.

The specs on this new model is quad-core, 1GB DDR ram and 8GB flash. Production models can and will have 16GB of flash. Of course it supports GPS, BT and FM as well as the 3G data and phone functions.

MTK makes some nice chips, but they're not at the same level as Qualcomm and the price difference between the two is very small. Qualcomm also has better engery conservation built in. I'm working on a scalable PCB that would work in a 5"+ phone, 7" tablet and 9.7 or 10.1 tablet with LTE support. In the larger sizes I'm looking for a minimum of 20hr of usage. Not standby time, but actually working time. Many people are ditching laptops for tablets and I want to allow someone to work on the road all day or multiple days without stoping to charge.

I'll keep you posted as I progress on this idea. Hoping to have samples by the end of Q1 2014.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Electron,

I would suggest you starting your own thread. I would happily follow you as I have been looking for someone to do what your doing and is able to communicate it across to the manufactures. Anyway, can't wait for the next update from ya. Also, one question, will your tablets be 2gb of ram?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Now the only other phone this size that uses the same signals is the Huawei Ascend Mate

Sent from my BLU Life View using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Moto G is available now:
http://liliputing.com/2013/11/motorola-moto-g-smartphone-now-available-179-us-unlocked-gsm.html

http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/moto-g/moto-g-pdp-ways-to-buy.html

Global GSM model: Compatible with all GSM-based cellular networks. Optimized to work with 3G (UMTS/HSPA+) networks when roaming outside the US.

US GSM model: Compatible with all GSM-based cellular networks. Optimized to work with 3G (UMTS/HSPA+) networks when operating inside the US. 3G coverage may be limited when roaming outside the US.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a chinese phone without doing any research regarding whether it would work on certain bands, I just assumed. o___O

The phone is an OrientPhone N3 N9000 FHD

(Best Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Alternative - 5.7 Inch Android Cell Phone with FHD 1920*1080P Screen Quad Core MTK6589T 1.5Ghz 13MP Camera with Air gesture function)

Description from details about the phone:
The Best Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9000 FHD Version Has FULL HD IPS 1920*1080P High Resolution screen, with The Latest Upgraded Quad Core MTK6589T Turbo 1.5Ghz,
Support extend to 64GB Storage. 13MP rear camera, GPS, Installed Android 4.2.1 OS.Built in Latest Version Google Play Store.
The Latest Upgraded MTK6589T Turbo 1.5 GHz Quad core Cortex A7 + GPU Power SGX544
Get The Highest Antutu Score in All Cell Phones Based on MTK6589/T Android Smart Cell Phones
Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Latest OS + Latest Google Play Store :compatible with millions of apps
5.7 inch IPS display with FULL HD (1920*1080P pixels) resolution + High sensitive capacitive 5 point multi touch screen
Dual SIM Dual Standby : "Enjoying 2 Phones at one Phone"

[This is where I should have payed more attention, as Cricket wireless rep told me this phone will not work on their network (CDMA). I'm in San Diego CA.

3G WCDMA + GSM + WIFI for high speed internet
Frequency: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz + WCDMA 850/2100MHz
Support external memory card up to 32/64GB
2PCS * 3200Mah Big Batteries
Bluetooth handsfree calling Dual camera, GPS,5MP front camera, 13.0MP back

I'm not under contract and wondered if it is possible to find a provider here in California/US that will work for this phone, otherwise I have a mini tablet to play with I guess.

-_________-

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm no expert, but I would think ATT and Tmobile would work as they are GSM service providers. I'm on ATT. I was looking into that same phone, so I would LOVE to get some feedback on it if you do find a provider that works.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I recently purchased a chinese phone without doing any research regarding whether it would work on certain bands, I just assumed. o___O

The phone is an OrientPhone N3 N9000 FHD

(... snip snip...)

3G WCDMA + GSM + WIFI for high speed internet
Frequency: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz + WCDMA 850/2100MHz
Support external memory card up to 32/64GB
I hate to be the bearer of bad news.

Though the GSM frequencies are indeed correct for worldwide calling, the WCDMA configuration for your phone is almost useless to you in the US. At a minimum, you need both the 850 and 1900 bands to help guarantee coverage for 3G/H/H+ cell data (purposefully omitting 4G from this discussion). Those are the bands used by AT&T and T-Mobile (at least the 1900 mhz band on its refarmed network).

The 2100 band is one used by T-Mobile on its original network, but without AWS 1700, that band is completely useless.

·
Registered
211 Posts
another good alternative to the chinese phones that may or may not work in the US:
the Asus Zenfone 4,5 and 6.
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Asus-ZenFone-5-hands-on_id51042

at $150, the Asus Zenfone 5 appears to do pretty much everything I need in a phone (but I do wish it had removable battery)
I'm waiting to hear real world reviews, particularly about battery life. But between this phone, the Moto G and the Blu phones, I just don't see much reason to roll the dice on a chinese phone for use in the US.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news.
sad.gif

Though the GSM frequencies are indeed correct for worldwide calling, the WCDMA configuration for your phone is almost useless to you in the US. At a minimum, you need both the 850 and 1900 bands to help guarantee coverage for 3G/H/H+ cell data (purposefully omitting 4G from this discussion). Those are the bands used by AT&T and T-Mobile (at least the 1900 mhz band on its refarmed network).

The 2100 band is one used by T-Mobile on its original network, but without AWS 1700, that band is completely useless.

Although true, T-mobile now uses 1900 but for its 3G component, I can get 3G+/H+ perfectly on my BLU Life View. T-mobile, Oklahoma City. Matter of fact, all other signals are turned off except the 1900 as far as the WCDMA is concerned.

Unfortunately I have to send my phone in for warranty, (Horrible Brick), but I have purchased a replacement for my phone: iNew i6000 http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-iNew-i6000-Phone-6-5-inch-Android-4-2-MTK6589T-Quad-Core-1-5GHz-2GB/1327610852.html Apparently there are two version 850/2100 and 1900/2100

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello,

the phone that i would like to buy in the specs it says that this phone supports WCDMA 850/2100 and i contacted the company from which ive got the sim and they said that their 3G works on 2100Mhz does that mean that ill have 3g on this phone if i buy it?

by the way im in europe (macedonia)

thank you

101 - 120 of 123 Posts