Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
geebekazoo;20574]Are there linux versions of the USB drivers and ADB available for use with the Pandigital Novel?[/QUOTE] Not precisely; however if you get/install the android sdk for [URL=linux:plug]linux:plug[/URL] in the pandigital to usb. create a folder within that sdk folder said:
restarting in USB mode
the screen will cycle and return to usb connect status, not much will seem diferent there.return to your terminal shell:cd to the folder where you put your favorite appstype:abd install 'appname.apk'NOTE: I just got in the habit of using single quotes to handle filenames with spaces in them.
$ adb install 'Seesmic.apk'992 KB/s (661970 bytes in 0.651s) pkg: /data/local/tmp/Seesmic.apkSuccess
Is what a successful app install should look like. PLEASE NOTE: I have not had success "seeing" installed apps in the default Novel home screen. I've had to install the other home launchers mentioned elsewhere in this forum. I'm a serious n00b here, having only rooted my B&N nook as my only other android device, so your experience may vary. Have your SD card and new firmware download ready ;-)Good luck.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I have this working on Lucid x64, using the Android SDK. I originally set it up for the emulator (see this link: http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Android_on_Ubuntu_10.04 ) but an added benefit is that that the adb commands work on the PDN, so far. Keep in mind that I had already hacked it on Windows, prior to setting this up - I've only tested the adb install command, so far.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To date, I had done all the "hacking" of the PDN from my XP box. Today, I installed the Android SDK and an emulator on my linux box. The emulator works well and I was able to get packages from the android marketplace.However, when I attach the PDN to the linux box, it recognizes the connection to the PDN, but when I try to do anything via adb, I receive -- error: insufficient permissions for deviceThis happens whether in a terminal as a user or as root. I did run the "root hack" from the XP box. Anyone have an idea why I'm getting these permission errors?

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
In my case, my USB access is already changed as I use Virtualbox. It could be that the VBox changes also benefit the adb access, but I'm just guessing at this point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.